Renting a car in Europe is a fantastic way to traverse this diverse continent. An excellent road network and relaxed borders within the Schengen Area allow you to travel easily between a huge number of countries, each with their own cultures and languages. It is worth bearing in mind that on a European road trip you will be traversing long distances and paying a lot for gas. Having an economical engine and robust model can drastically improve the magic of driving across Europe. Here we will provide some tips on choosing your vehicle category, as well as highlighting some of the more unique options, to get the best out of your car rental adventure in Europe.
Best Car For Traveling Around
On a European trip it’s likely you will experience a huge range of terrain, from urban cityscapes to mountain roads and major highways, so you may benefit from a good all-around vehicle. Our sedans are the perfect fit for the diversity of landscapes you will encounter across Europe. With a sedan, you will be able to handle a variety of road conditions while also a good fit in urban areas and driving over long distances. With their generous legroom and large trunks, you and your family or group will also be traveling in comfort and have plenty of room for your luggage.
Best Car For Parking
Many of Europe’s historic cities are not built for the heavy car usage that we see today and so for parking and navigating, a compact car can be the best option. You will also be driving over easygoing terrain and parking on the street more frequently in the city, so a bigger vehicle like an SUV would not be helpful. Compact cars are also surprisingly roomy and handle longer distances between cities well. A compact car also has the advantage of being more economical with fuel thanks to its smaller size.
Best Car For A Family
If you are taking a family road trip across Europe, a good level of comfort and extra room for luggage and passengers is essential. Our sedans and SUVs provide a large amount of space while being fitted with the latest entertainment and safety features that help you navigate and concentrate on the road. They are also robust, handling a large range of terrains and weather conditions. If you have a large family, we have both mid-size and full-size SUVs that can accommodate up to 7 passengers while still providing room for your luggage and equipment.
Fiat 500: Stylish Italian Icon
The classically stylish compact Fiat 500 is just one of the great options when looking for to have fun driving in Europe. With a Fiat 500 car rental from SIXT in Europe you can zip around in comfort and confidence on your next trip.
Experience the Advantages of a Fiat 500 Rental in Europe
With excellent fuel efficiency and reliability, the Fiat 500 combines quality and economy making it a perfect choice for a budget car rental. Here are just some of its highlights:
- Luxurious Comfort: Combining carefully designed suspension, a sophisticated climate system and ultra-comfy seats, the Fiat 500 is designed to make for a very smooth ride no matter the distance. Entertainment features such as a MP3 player, 6 speakers and wireless streaming keeps you and your guests well entertained.
- Safety First: The Fiat 500 is the only car in its size and category to offer seven airbags. Fiat 500 performed high in the safety tests, scoring an impressive five Euro NCAP stars. Drive relaxed and reassured with the ABS and Driveline Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control and Brake Assist.
- High Efficiency: As a compact, the Fiat 500 has high fuel efficiency with 34 miles per gallon on the highway and 28 miles per gallon in the city.
Smart Fortwo: A trip for two to Europe
This unique subcompact car offers great fuel efficiency, easy parking, and a surprisingly spacious cabin. Despite its smaller stature a Smart Fortwo comes with big advantages. A perfect companion for a city trip, you get a roomy ride that lets you immerse yourself in new surroundings with a panoramic sunroof. Top turning radius allows for easy maneuvering and parking, while its high strength steel construction and sporty look keeps you safe and stylish. Driving a Smart Fortwo makes for a unique experience that comes with all the essential elements needed for driving in an urban environment.
What makes a Smart Fortwo so unique?
Although small, the Smart Fortwo offers big benefits. Here are some of the standout features of a Smart Fortwo:
- Competent Engine: Do not underestimate the power output of the Fortwo coupe. The peppy three-cylinder engine musters up enough vigor to easily move the lightweight chassis of the Fortwo coupe. The best part is the Fortwo coupe is still able to yield fuel efficiency with 38 mpg.
- Easy to Drive: Unlike some of the larger sedans on the market, the Fortwo coupe should have no problems fitting into tight parking spaces. Its large windshield gives the driver a complete view of the road ahead. Its small stature also helps it nimbly maneuver around traffic.
- Spacious Cabin: The Fortwo appears small on the outside, its interior reveals a surprisingly spacious cabin.
- Safety Features: Safety features consist of stability and traction control, anti-lock braking, hill-start assist, and of course eight standard airbags.