The Forth Rail Bridge was voted the number one man-made attraction in Scotland during the Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design 2016, coming ahead of Edinburgh Castle and the Kelpies. The 126-year old bridge is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and you can enjoy terrific views of it and the road bridges over the Firth of Forth from South Queensferry.
Distances to Forth Bridges/South Queensferry
- From Edinburgh Airport: 5.9 miles about 15 minutes
- From Edinburgh city center: 10.5 miles about 31 minutes
Car rental in Edinburgh allows you to plan a day or weekend trip to the beautiful Scottish Border town of Jedburgh. This friendly historic market town boasts the best preserved of the Border abbeys, Jedburgh Abbey, which dates from the 12th century. Other notable attractions include Jedburgh Castle Jail, once written about by Edgar Allen Poe, and Mary Queen of Scot's House where the tragic Queen stayed during the 16th century.
Distance to Jedburgh
- From Edinburgh Airport: 54.7 miles about 1 hour 23 minutes
- From Edinburgh city center: 47.5 miles about 1 hour 20 minutes
You can reach Scotland's largest city easily by road to visit some of the UK's best museums and galleries. A shoppers paradise, the city also boasts a great range of shops and stores. Glasgow was named the European City of Culture in 1990 and it has recently been voted the UK 'Capital of Love'.
Distances to Glasgow
- From Edinburgh Airport: 39.2 miles about 55 minutes
- From Edinburgh city center: 46.4 miles about 1 hour 26 minutes