Another benefit to having a car rental in Frankfurt is that it is an excellent way to experience the Romantische Straße, or Romantic road, that runs 220 miles from Würzburg and Füssen. Many people start off in Frankfurt and make their way to Munich, stopping along the way to see the Black Forest. The Romantic road is one of the best ways to experience quintessential German landscapes, from small villages to historic castles and can make a great weekend trip.
Just North of Frankfurt is one of Germany's great natural settings, Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, or Bad Homburg. This city is known for its internationally famous spa and wellness center, which developed in the mid-19th century. Once the summer residence of Kaiser Wilhelm II of the German Empire, Bad Homburg is still fit for royalty. Spend a day or even the night soaking up the healing baths and serene surroundings, adding a bit of luxury to your trip.
Distances to Bad Homburg
- From Frankfurt am Main Airport : 19 miles, about 30 minutes
- From Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof : 14 miles, about 23 minutes
- From Main City Center : 11 miles, about 24 minutes
- From Frankfurt am Main Messe : 14 miles, about 25 minutes
Städtische Galerie Liebieghaus
If you are planning on spending most of your time in the city, there are plenty of museums, such as the center for contemporary art, Museum für Moderne Kunst and the natural history museum, Naturmuseum Senckenberg. Take a walk through the city's Zoological Garden, a paradise in the middle of an urban center. We recommend also spending the day at Liebieghaus, a regal 19th-century villa with an impressive sculpture museum known as the Städtische Galerie Liebieghaus. The sculptures on view here range from ancient Egyptian to Renaissance pieces.
Distance to Galerie Liebieghaus
- From Frankfurt am Main Airport : 11 miles, about 30 minutes
- From Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof: 2 miles, about 10 minutes
- From Main City Center: 3 miles, about 18 minutes
- From Frankfurt am Main Messe: 14 miles, about 26 minutes