Get help with your bookings, picking up of vehicle, emergencies and more.
Search help topics
SIXT rent a car accepts a large selection of payment methods, making it easy to pay the way you prefer for a car rental in the US. You can pay for your car rental with all major credit cards. Debit cards are also accepted at certain branches depending on the vehicle and whether you are a local, non-local or international renter. If you book and pay for the car in advance, you will need to make sure that you have the card that you paid with when you pick up the vehicle and the cardholder is present.
What payment methods are accepted by SIXT rent a car in the US?
- All major credit cards: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Discover, Visa and Airplus.
- Debit cards: Restrictions may apply. Please see ‘renting a car with a debit card ’ for more information. Prepaid debit cards are not accepted.
- China Union Pay: This card will only be accepted when it is co-branded with one of the accepted payment methods.
- A deposit or authorization will be required at pick up. Please see Deposits and approvals for more information.
Can I pay for my SIXT rental in advance?Yes, SIXT offers prepaid rates. These rates offer the benefit of being discounted, but fees do apply upon cancellation. Also, the name on the card must match the name of the primary driver on the reservation, and both the primary driver and the card used for payment must be present during pick-up of the rental.
Renting a car with a credit card
- All major credit cards are accepted as a payment method with SIXT. These include American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Discover, Visa and Airplus.
- The name on the credit card needs to be the same as the primary driver of the rental car.
- If you book and pay for the car in advance you will need to make sure that the credit card that you paid with is present when you pick up the vehicle along with the owner of the card.
- Please note: Payments made with a credit card may require a PIN.
Can I pay for a reservation using a company credit card?To use a company card, the name listed on the method of payment must match that of the primary renter listed on the reservation and rental agreement. SIXT also offers corporate accounts with direct billing. For more information, please visit our corporate enrollment page.
What is not accepted as a form of payment?
- Prepaid cards or gift cards
- Visa Electron cards
- Electronic use only cards
- Maestro cards
- Credit/Debit Cards from domestic online banking Institutions (e.g. Chime)
Can I rent a vehicle with someone else's card or in someone else's name?No. The credit card holder who is paying for the booking must be the main driver, as they will be named in the Rental Agreement. Please refer to the SIXT Prepaid Terms and Conditions .
Was this answer helpful?
Yes, it was helpful
No, I still need help