• Before starting the journey, the driver and passengers must fasten their seat belts and they must remain fastened during the duration of travel.
• Emergency phone numbers: 090 for police, 112 for an ambulance.
• Drivers approaching a traffic jam on highways are recommended to switch on the hazard warning lights.
• Overnight stays on public parking areas are allowed but camping is not. Please note any additional parking regulations.
• Using, operating or holding of mobile phones is prohibited while the engine is running and/or vehicle is moving.
• Tread depth of tires must be at least 1.6 mm.
• Right of way: When no traffic sign or traffic light is at an intersection the vehicle entering from the right has the right of way.
• Overtaking: Passing on the right lane is prohibited. Use left lane and return to the right lane as soon as it is safely possible.
• Turning right on red is not allowed. It is only allowed when sign #23 is present.
• Gas station: Stop at the needed pump. Fill up your car and then see the cashier. Diesel is available at all gas stations.
• Spanish police officers are very kind. Do not hesitate to ask them for assistance.
• 50 kph (30 mph) in town
• 100 kph (60 mph) outside of town
• 120 kph (75 mph) on highways
• A speed limit of 50 kph (30 mph) applies to all roads when fog, snow or rain make visibility less than 50 meters. The speed must to be adapted accordingly when visibility is further reduced.
Make sure you carry your driver’s license with you at all times.
Choose your rental car from the fantastic selection below and drive away in style and comfort on your next trip.