- If possible, dismantle your furniture.
- Protect damageable surfaces (wood...) with furniture pads.
- Defrost your refrigerator.
- Protect upholstery with plastic covers.
- Wrap any small and breakable items.
- Hang it on hangers or lay it flat in wardrobe boxes.
... household appliances:
- Pack electrical goods separately and upright in boxes.
- Wrap kitchenware, dishes, glassware and other breakable items individually in bubble wrap or in several layers of newspaper.
- Place plants in large boxes.
- Clean and roll rugs.
- Fold curtains carefully and pack them in boxes.
- Lay books in small boxes.
And don't forget to label all your boxes with their content and where they need to be placed in your new home. This will make it a lot easier when unloading.
Here are some little tips to help your move go as smoothly as possible. To make your packing and loading a little easier just print out this list of moving tips.