- Let the branch staff at your pick-up location explain the handling of the van to you.
- Make a test drive on a car park or in an area with little traffic.
- Always bear in mind the size of the van, particularly the height (especially when approaching bridges…).
- Take into consideration the extra room required when maneuvering and cornering, make sure that your exterior mirrors are adjusted properly to help with this.
- Do not follow the vehicle in front too closely as vans have a longer stopping distance.
- Pay attention when reversing and backing into a parking space. It is better if another person guides you.
- When turning left, right or maneuvering into tight spaces remember to use your exterior mirrors.
- Pay attention when changing lanes. Always think about blind spots and pay particular attention to motorcycle drivers.
Though you might be nervous when driving a van for the first time, you will soon find that it‘s really not too difficult! Have a good and safe drive.