Explore the beauty of the Hawaiian islands with our new station at Maui Kahului Airport. The location in the north central part of the island gives you access to both the island’s towns as well as its scenery, volcanic terrain, and, of course, beaches. And the best part is, when you book now you can take advantage of our opening special with 20 percent off your rental in Maui!*
The Iao Valley looking toward Kahului.
Sixt Rent a Car Kahului Airport Services
In order to truly experience Maui, you will need a rental car. Luckily, at Sixt we can hook you up with one of our luxury cars to cruise the island in style. The weather and scenery make a convertible or sports car ideal for breathing in the warm air and handling the curvy roads. You also can’t go wrong with an SUV to nimbly get you around in the more mountainous terrain. Those traveling to Maui on a family vacation can rent one of our minivans for extra room. And, of course, we offer a selection of economy cars for an affordable way to traverse the island. Use our free shuttle service to pick up your car at the airport, and drop your vehicle off when you want to with our bookable out-of-hours return. We even welcome you to Hawaii with a traditional shaved ice!
Sixt Rent a Car Maui Kahului Airport
Address: 410 Koloa St., Kahului, HI 96732-2478
What to See and Do on Maui
There are not too many vacations where you can lay on the beach one day and go hiking with views of desert landscape or vibrant rainforests the next. Maui, the second largest of the Hawaiian islands, offers all of that and more. When you fly into Maui Kahului Airport you will be treated to views of both blue water and mountainous terrain. You can explore the streets of Kahului for some shopping and then drive onto Iao Valley State Park that offers hiking opportunities and a view of the plant-covered rocky spire known as the Iao Needle.
Another advantage of having a car on Maui is you can drive the Hana Highway on the eastern side of the island. On this stories highway, HI-360, you will see most of things you think of when you think of Hawaii: waterfalls, lush greenery, and people selling pineapple by the side of the road. You will also get a driving workout from the road’s many twists and turns and narrow bridges. At the end of the highway is the small town of Hana, which is why the road is also known as the “Road to Hana.”
And, finally, no trip to Maui is complete without visiting Haleakala National Park. Within the park is the Haleakala Crater, a dormant volcano rising 10,023 above sea level, and it’s highly recommended you rise before dawn to drive to the park’s visitor center to view the stories sunrise. Note that you must make a reservation with the National Park Service to park at the summit and watch the sunrise. This is in addition to the normal park entry fee. After all of this driving and sightseeing you will probably welcome some relaxation time on one of Maui’s beaches like the famous 3-mile-long Kaanapali Beach on the west side the island. In addition to sunbathing, in winter months you can also watch for humpback whales from this area. Following are some general driving distances to key destinations.
- Kahului Airport to central Kahului: 9 minutes (3 miles) via Lanui Circle
- Kahului Airport to Iao Valley State Park: 20 minutes (8 miles) via HI-32 and Iao Valley Rd.
- Kahului Airport to Hana: 2 hours (51 miles) via the Road to Hana, Hwy 36 and HI-360
- Kahului Airport to Haleakala National Park: 53 minutes (29 miles) via HI-37 and Hwy 378
- Kahului Airport to Kaanapali Beach: 42 minutes (28 miles) via HI-30 S
The Upper Waikani Falls outside Haiku on the Hana Highway.
* Grand Opening Special Offer Details:
- Enjoy up to 20% off bookings at our new Maui Kahului Airport location and up to 10% off at all other US locations
- Valid for bookings made between October 18, 2018 and December 15, 2018.
- Valid for rentals between October 31, 2018 – November 13, 2018 (latest drop-off November 16, 2018) & November 23, 2018 – December 15, 2018 (latest drop-off December 20, 2018)
- Prepaid rentals only
- Valid for all car categories
- Length of rental is 3 to 27 days