The Young Driver Surcharge is a fee that will be applied for rentals to drivers under the age of 25 and this varies depending on state of the rental. Please check how much you will be charged during the online booking process or at our branches across the US.
If you are looking to rent a car abroad on a vacation, the rental age differs per country. In some European countries, it is possible to rent a car from the age of 18. Make sure you are aware of the renting age in each country by clicking here.
A broad selection of rental cars are available to those under 25, each one is of the highest quality and generally replaced every six months. As a young driver, you can choose from compact cars to convertibles to minivans. Find out more about the available categories below.
If you are between the age of 21 to 24, the following categories are available to you:
- E*** e.g. Hyundai Accent, Chevrolet Spark
- CC**, CF** and CL** e.g. Toyota Yaris iA, Toyota Prius
- IC**, IF** e.g. Chevrolet Equinox, Mini Countryman
- SC**, SV** e.g. Toyota Corolla, Volkswagen Jetta
- FC** e.g. Chevrolet Malibu, Toyota Camry, Chevrolet Impala
- MV** - minivan e.g. Mercedes-Benz Metris, Dodge Grand Caravan