Car Rental in Croatia
Why rent with Sixt?
- 4,000+ rental locations worldwide
- Affordable car rentals in Croatia
- Car Hire in Croatia and worldwide
- Long term rentals available
- 180,000+ vehicles in our fleet
- 50,000+ premium rental vehicles
- 5th largest global car rental company
Rent a car in Croatia with Sixt
Get a deal on a 4x4 car rental for traversing the rural roads of Croatia, or choose from the other excellent vans, luxury and sports car rentals in our fleet. We are dedicated to providing quality customer care and a customized rental agreement with options such as fly and drive, LDW insurance and additional drivers.
Tips for Driving a Car Rental in Croatia
Though most roads are well-maintained, they are often small, one-way or unpaved, which makes obeying the country's relatively low speed limits (30 to 50 mph) in your car rental a valid safety precaution. Factor in the frequency of animals crossing the road and you'll see why it's better to take your time and enjoy the scenery.
- Driving in Croatia is on the right-hand side of the road.
- Drivers who rent a car in Croatia must have a valid driver's license in their country of residence.
- Right turns on red lights are strictly forbidden unless an additional green arrow allows it.
Must-see attractions with a car rental in Croatia
Though Croatia is a relatively small country, the best attractions to visit will depend on where you pick up your Sixt car rental in Croatia, as drive times tend to be much longer than you would assume based on the distance. In the capital city of Zagreb you can see a lot of charming medieval architecture and cobbled streets, and tour landmarks such as Mirogoj cemetery or the city's many museums and galleries. If you rent a car from Split you should visit the city's ancient port and Roman ruins. The city of Pula features a Roman amphitheater, as well as several great beaches. You can get the most out of your tour of Croatia when you use rent a car in Croatia from Sixt.