Sixt Car Rental in Athens
Athens, the capital of Greece, is a remarkable city that charms its visitors, heightening their senses in order to experience a unique combination of culture,history, nightlife, gastronomy and natural beauty. With a rental car, you can immediately discover the city without waiting for public transportation or a taxi. If you're traveling in a large group, Sixt offers SUVs and minivans to make your trip comfortable. Modern Athens is a city of constant surprises, where at each turn there is something new and exciting to discover. If you are a history buff, visit the magnificent archaeological and historical sights, like the world-famous Acropolis. Beach lovers can spend their days lying on the excellent Attica beaches soaking up the sun, while shopping aficionados can take advantage of the superb shopping malls, stores and boutiques throughout the city.
Top things to do in Athens
- Visit the Parthenon, the trademark marble temple of Athens City on the Acropolis Hill that towers over the city.
- Visit the Acropolis Museum, the Erechtheion, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylae.
- Visit the Academy of Plato and the Panathenaic Stadium, which was built in antiquity and was restored to host the first modern Olympic Games in 1896.
- Visit the triad of neoclassical buildings on Panepistimiou Street, the Parliament Building with the Evzone guards and the Zappeion Hall are magnificent examples of more contemporary architecture in Athens.
* The prices were calculated on 20.10.2021 for a 7 days prepaid rental in Athens starting on 20.11.2021. Our prices fluctuate daily and this offer is not guaranteed.
Very friendly and competent staff. Would def rent again from these guys.
We rented a car from this Sixt branch. The service was good, the paperwork went smoothly and fast.
We were handed the keys of the car and with another staff member we checked the car. I was really surprised, how scratched the car was: there was a little scratch or a dent on almost every panel of the car. Big was my surprise, when I saw that the car was missing the radio antenna. When I asked the staff member if they could provide it, he went looking for it but came back empty handed and apologized that they don't have a spare one. Apparently, stealing radio antennae in Greece is very common.
Also the seats were stained but it was all marked down on the paperwork.
Biggest letdown for me was that the car had Bluetooth but you could only use it for calling. No media streaming was possible and that was a bit of a problem because when driving out from bigger cities without radio antenna, you lose radio reception very quickly. We only found out about this problem when we were already far from the branch and we were on a thight schedule, so we couldn't go back and maybe ask for s replacement car.
In conclusion, the service is great, but cars could be a bit more equipped.
This is the 2nd time I hired a vehicle from SiXT (1st time was a 9-seater van). The Citroen C3 was great and in excellent condition (interior and exterior). The staff were highly professional at both collection and return.
Excellent service all round!
Really friendly staff. The lady helped me to find my lost camera on the rental car after I returned it. Though it was not found finally, she helped me contact the current customer and offered help. Thanks.
Παρά πολύ καλό
we went in a bit earlier, and came in just before. the staff was super friendly, super quick.