Birmingham Airport Car Rental
Travel Information from Sixt rent a car at Birmingham Airport
How To Make the Most of Your UK Visit with Sixt Rent a Car at Birmingham Airport
If you are planning to visit the UK and are arriving via the Birmingham Airport, consider contacting Sixt before your trip to reserve a rental car. This will let you drive out of the airport with ease and in style. You can get a luxury car to drive out of Birmingham, or rent a van if you have a lot of travelling companions with you.
Birmingham is the 7th busiest in the UK and about 9 million people pass through this airport each year. Although it is a large place, you wont have a problem finding a car rental service at the site.
If you want to make the most of your UK trip, it would be best to hire a car as soon as you arrive at Birmingham airport. This lets you get on with your business as a tourist. As soon as you land, considering you have made reservations earlier, you should be able to drive out of the airport complex right away and head to your hotel to get settled.
After getting settled in your hotel, you can take your care hire to the most popular tourist destinations around Birmingham. If you have your kids and family with you, some places you should visit are Cadbury World, the Thinktank, and Alton Towers.
Cabury World will definitely give the whole family a sugar rush. The Thinktank is a modern science museum and the Alton Towers will give you a different kind of rush. If you want some adrenaline rush consider taking the kids for some rollercoaster rides.
You can get the whole family around with ease if you had a care hire and a comfortable and large vehicle. Consider leasing a van or MPV to accommodate the entire family comfortably. If you are travelling as a couple, you might want to get a sports vehicle or luxury car rental to travel and site-see in style.
A speedy automobile can get you to various places faster. Visit the Aston Hall, a mansion with its own parkland. Another popular place to visit is the Sarehole Mill which is said to be the inspiration for the Hobbiton from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. If you and your travelling companion love trying local restaurants during your trips abroad, consider driving to some of the famous restaurants in Birmingham.
Many travellers consider Birmingham as a gourmet city where you can find countless restaurants to dine at. You can have ethnic dishes at a fine Thai restaurant or go to a casual diner with the whole family. BBC magazine has recently recognized Birmingham as the most foodiest town in the UK. Sixt rent a car, you can hop from one restaurant to another in between your site-seeing trips.
Sixt rent a car is looking to serve you in Birmingham Airport
Welcome to Sixt Car Rental at Birmingham Airport
|B26 3QJ Birmingham GB +44-844-4993399|
|GDS - Code:||BHX|
|Mo. - Su.||07:00 - 24:00|
|Bank holiday||07:00 - 24:00|
|24 h return|
Customer Reviews About Sixt
- Helen P. | 04.03.2014 18:13 Friendly staff at the airport and at the collection point they remembered us upon return and asked if we'd had a good trip. Nice touch to get a brolly for the walk back to the airport.Not really Sixt's responsibility but it was very hard to find any petrol station near the airport (BHX) as there were no signs and expansion work is...
- Jane H. | 26.02.2014 15:14 You provide more luxury vehicles like BMW and Mercedes than the other companies or perhaps your prices for them are not as cost prohibitive as other rental cos.
- Judith R. | 13.02.2014 20:37 Straightforward and very satisfactory rental.
- Neil S. | 24.01.2014 22:31 I had the opportunity to upgrade to a Mercedes, at a very competitive price, as I had a lot of driving to do during this 4 day trip, I was chuffed to have such a good car for the price, definitely use Sixt again.
- Naima A. | 10.01.2014 22:32 I found the process of renting a car from Sixt very efficient and easy. The staff we're quick to identify what was needed and provided it with a friendly approach. Also the staff we're very quick when checking the returned vehicle. I would most definately rent a car at Sixt (Birmingham Airport Branch) if needed to again. Thank you!
- Micheal O. | 08.01.2014 18:45 After I took my rental car out in the way to Birmingham I noticed the back windscreen wiper was missing - I returned the car and was given another car immediately with no fuss - an excellent service well done
- Edward K. | 27.12.2013 11:35 Great service from staff at Birmingham airport sixt
- Anthony E. | 25.12.2013 03:17 I have priority status with Hertz & Avis and this was the first time I've rented with Sixt as no other renters had vehicles. What a pleasant alternative :-)If you offer similar priority status as the other two, I'd be happy to go with Sixt next time. If you have info you would like to send, my mail address is...
- Ross B. | 18.12.2013 17:51 Fantastic all the way from booking to dropping off the vehicle.
- Anthony S. | 07.12.2013 17:11 The SIXT staff at Birmingham Airport are always extremely helpful and professional and make the process very smooth. I would like to commend them for this.Excellent Team
- Rachael B. | 07.12.2013 14:07 I had a lot of difficulty finding a petrol station near the airport... including driving around for about 20 minutes around huge junctions and motorway/a road roundabouts and risking being late for my flights. I finally went to Sixt to ask where the nearest petrol station was - but, seeing I was in a rush and had put a lot of effort...
- Daniel B. | 26.11.2013 10:56 Overall a good rental experience.
- Akhtar K. | 22.11.2013 15:51 THIS COMPANY IS THE FIRST AND ONE OF THE NICEST COMPANY I HAVE USEDTHE SERVICE WAS FAST AND THE RESPONSE ON RETURNING AND PICKING UP THE CAR WAS QUICKI WILL SURELY USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN BUT I WOULD LIKE AN DISCOUNT ON THE NEXT RENTAL BECAUSE I WILL SURELY BE USING THIS COMPANY ALL THE TIMETHANKS FOR THE RIDETHANKS
- Richard M. | 22.11.2013 11:26 The particular aspect I liked was the ability to pre-purchase fuel and not to worry about returning the vehicle full, and the flexibility of being able to extend the booking without any hassel.
- James W. | 17.11.2013 04:24 Very happy with all aspects, the Manager was very helpful
- Javed A. | 09.11.2013 21:01 I am very happy with sixt its just so good I pop up an without notice I can hire a car very good excellent service..
- Sukhjinder S. | 08.11.2013 15:09 Every thing was fine in every aspect ! The staff was most helpful Thank you.
- Gareth E. | 07.11.2013 11:03 I have now used sixt a few times in the uk and a few in the us. so far, i can say that my experiences while renting in the uk have been best bar none with sixt. extremely pleasant staff, helpful, willing to help with upgrades, great service. unlike other companies. Sixt is the simplest, easiest, quickest, and most pain free yet for me....
- Eshpal S. | 04.11.2013 11:21 Excellent service, was quick and reliable, with proficient customer service @ Sixt Birmingham Airport. Thanks for service and hope to see you again, on my next holiday.
- Christopher B. | 01.11.2013 11:06 I would very happily rent from sixt qgain but im unsure on the process on recieving deposit back and payment being taken etc
- Arfaan A. | 27.10.2013 17:15 Very smooth and quick transaction.. Very very happy with the service provided.. Excelent face to face customer service from staff at the booking desk and also the car collection desk. Would definaty use Sizt again. Thanx for the great service you provided
- Danielle O. | 19.10.2013 10:04 A friend recomended Sixt to me telling me that yor prices were the best at the airport and that the cars were always of good quality both of which I found to be the case , I was also very impressed with the quality of service from your staff, I've worked in the service industry for 25 years and was very happy to find that everyone was...
- Saddique A. | 18.10.2013 20:34 Sixth Staff are the Best I have experienced. I hire vehicles at least once a month, when I fly into Birmingham. After having problems with Budget at the airport on the day I flew in. Sixth Staff made me welcome and had me on my onward jurney in minute. I will RECOMEND SIXTH to all my family and friends.
- Miguel Angel P. | 16.10.2013 17:39 the whole process was smooth and simply, so happy with the vehicle received, definitely I will rent a car with you again.
- Dennis L. | 10.10.2013 15:01 very happy with the car. staff very friendly ..very good all round and will use again from birminham airport
- David B. | 28.09.2013 10:57 I booked a car online with Hertz. When I arrived at the Hertz desk they had no cars for any of their clients (4 groups), all of whom had pre booked cars online.I cancelled my booking with Hertz and went to the Sixt desk to book a car and dealt with by Vikram Singh Sandhu.I cannot speak highly enough of Vikram and because of the...
- Mary Elizabeth M. | 26.09.2013 10:36 Your staff were excellent, particularly Hayden Carter who dealt with the return process
- Duinen V. | 24.09.2013 15:26 Extremely friendly staff and very helpful too. The car was in good shape and can only say that I am 100% satisfied.
- Mark L. | 02.09.2013 10:33 I felt the price was very competitive and the fact that the branch at BHX is open until late is also an attraction as my flight arrives at 10pm.I will continue to use Sixt from now on as I return to BHX every week.
- Lena G. | 30.08.2013 14:56 Really super friendly staff both at pick up and drop off
- Leonard O. | 26.08.2013 13:43 Good job. will use sixt again soon
- Patrick R. | 07.08.2013 08:54 Staff were friendly and helpful
- Neil F. | 05.08.2013 10:52 I was very satisfied with my experience.
- Saddique A. | 20.07.2013 11:39 Staff were by far the most friendly I have experienced and I have used all the rental companies at the airport Sixth are the best
- Erika S. | 19.07.2013 12:57 Have already filled in a similar survey for you and said that staff were extraordinarily nice, helpful, efficient and fun. The car was just perfect for what we wanted, almost brand new and fun to drive. Well done!
- Abdikazaq H. | 12.07.2013 02:18 I am very pleased with the way the staff at the Birmingham airport branch dealth with me. They were very polite and respectful. I have to say the 3 main people was the Manager Mr Lee, the assistant manager Mr Neil Baker and also Management Trainee Mr Vikram. I am still renting from them as they are very helpful to find me a vehicle...
- Cesar R. | 09.07.2013 22:43 I was given a better deal when i arrived to collect car.For a small additional price i left with a much better car than expected.The service was very friendly and helpfull. Will without a doubt use this service again.
- Angela D. | 06.07.2013 23:40 The service was impressive. First class staff, the most helpfull and professional that I have come across in à long time. I would rent again if the service stays that good.
- Brendan M. | 05.07.2013 20:15 This was the first time I rented from your company, the service I received was fantastic, the best experience I have had from a car hire company at the airport. Miss Natalie Roome was on reception when I called to collect my car, Natalie greeted me with a warm welcome and a cheerful smile, paper work was done in minutes as I had...
- Reinhard B. | 02.07.2013 16:25 Sehr zuvorkommende Betreuung bei Abholung und Rückgabe des Fahrzeuges.
- Mark B. | 27.06.2013 22:31 Sandhu was very friendly & professional
- Ian M. | 24.06.2013 11:36 What differentiates SIXT from other rental firms at present is simply the friendliness of the people I interactive with at your various airport branches. With this rental in particular it was refreshing to face somebody who seemed to want to provide good service. Friendly, helpful and genuine. Thank you.
- Michael F. | 07.06.2013 17:49 Very satisfied overall with everything.
- Heinrich F. | 06.06.2013 19:45 The gentleman who waited on us - a Sikh - was very nice, polite and helpful.Privately, I'm going to often hire with Sixt!Greeting, RF
- Brian W. | 31.05.2013 21:54 Nice car, good service at a very reasonable price.
- Helen S. | 24.05.2013 13:28 Very helpful people and I was impressed with the hand back procedure
- Deborah F. | 20.05.2013 14:06 My husband & I regularly rent cars in the UK & France. Your staff at Brmingham airport were the best I have experienced in a long time. Very helpful, professional, polite and supplied a good quality, clean car.
- James V. | 16.05.2013 19:25 Great service in the terminal and at the car lot. Very helpful and friendly staff.
- Thomas S. | 14.05.2013 17:43 Really really happy with the service. I'd had a very bad service experience with Europacar the day before so booked with National Car Rental. When I went to pick up the car NCR tried to charge me a further 75% for additional insurance coverage and cited a potential chipped windscreen to justify this.I wasn't prepared to accept this...
- Tony G. | 02.05.2013 00:00 I like your premium cars - i.e. European BMW/Merc/Citroen DS etc and not the typical Kia/Hyundai from others - please maintain this approach
|Mo. - Su.||07:00 - 24:00|
|Bank holiday||07:00 - 24:00|
Contacts / Lost & Found
SIXT # Birmingham Airport BHX
|B26 3QJ Birmingham|
Location plan - how to find us
The Sixt car hire Birmingham airport rental desk is located inside the terminal building near to the arrivals lounge along with the other car rental companies desks. The returns cabin is a short walk from the terminal building and this is also where the cars are collected from after the paperwork has been completed in terminal. In the event that the terminal desk is not manned the customers will be directed to the returns cabin where the transaction can also be completed.
Take the M6, exit at junction 4A and join the M42 signposted for London and Solihull. At junction 6 of the M42 take the A45 and follow signs for Birmingham International Airport.
From the M42, exit at junction 6 and join the A45 and follow signs for Birmingham International Airport.
From the M40, exit at junction 4A and join the M42 signposted for London and the M1. Exit the M42 at junction 6 and join the A45 and follow signs for the Birmingham International Airport.
Out of hours pickup & return
Please enter the Car Rental Return Area and find a clearly marked Sixt parking space located near to the Sixt Returns Cabin. Please place the keys in the Drop Box located at the side of the Sixt Returns Cabin. You can then walk to the Main Terminal Building for transfers. Also please note that if you are being picked up from the Car Rental Return Area Out Of Hours, vehicles will not be permitted to leave as there is a security barrier. Please advise any additional vehicles to remain outside of the barrier whilst you park inside the Car Rental Return Area.
Categories and services at this location
- Cars & vehicles
- Sports cars & convertibles
- 4x4 / SUV
- Choose vehicle using iPhone for pick up
- 24 h return