Car Rental in South Africa
Why rent with Sixt?
- 4,000+ rental locations worldwide
- Affordable car rentals in South Africa
- Car Hire in South Africa and worldwide
- Long term rentals available
- 180,000+ vehicles in our fleet
- 50,000+ premium rental vehicles
- 5th largest global car rental company
- Johannesburg 8 Locations
- Cape Town 5 Locations
- Pretoria 3 Locations
- Durban 3 Locations
- Nelspruit 2 Locations
- Kimberley 2 Locations
- East London 2 Locations
- Port Elizabeth 2 Locations
- George 2 Locations
- Upington 2 Locations
- Richards Bay 2 Locations
- Piet Retief
Rent a Car in South Africa with Sixt
Reserving your favorite vehicle at your chosen location is easy and straightforward. Just enter the pickup and return dates and location(s) for an instant listing of all the available vehicles along with their per-day rental rates. Most of our rental cars come with unlimited mileage as well as GPS systems upon request, and drivers have the option of adding a LDW insurance and personal accident protection to their basic coverage for complete peace of mind.
Driving Rules and Regulations in South Africa
When you rent a car in South Africa, make sure you review all the basic traffic rules that you will need to follow:
- Drive on the left and pass on the right.
- The wearing of seatbelts is mandatory.
- The use of a mobile phone while driving is against the law; use a hands-free kit if you want to talk on the phone.
- The speed limits range from 35 to 75 mph, depending on the type of road you're driving on. The road signs will be in kilometers.
Amazing Ways to Use a Car Rental in South Africa
Located in the southernmost part of the African continent, South Africa boasts an impressive 1,739 miles of coastline that is bathed by the waters of the Atlantic and Indian oceans. This country is home to an amazing geographical and biological diversity and is well known for the Big Five: the African elephant, rhino, lion, leopard and Cape buffalo. South Africa has a very good road infrastructure, so exploring this picturesque country by car will be easy. Rent a car from Sixt in Cape Town, and take a road trip on Main Road to Cape Point, the most southwesterly tip of Africa and home to beautiful beaches, bays, rolling green hills and valleys. Use Sixt car rental service to visit all of South Africa's amazing attractions.* more than 40 car rental locations in South Africa
Sixt Airport Locations Nearby
- Bloemfontein Airport
- Cape Town Int. Airport
- Durban Airport
- East London Airport
- George Airport
- Johannesburg Airport
- Johannesburg Lanseria Airport
- Kimberley Airport
- Mthatha Airport
- Nelspruit Airport
- Pietermaritzburg Airport
- Polokwane Airport
- Port Elizabeth Airport
- Richards Bay Airport
- Upington Airport