Car Rental in Jordan
Why rent with Sixt?
- 4,000+ rental locations worldwide
- Affordable car rentals in Jordan
- Car Hire in Jordan and worldwide
- Long term rentals available
- 180,000+ vehicles in our fleet
- 50,000+ premium rental vehicles
- 5th largest global car rental company
Car rental in Jordan with Sixt
Sixt has car rental offices located in the capital city of Amman, where you can pick up a 4x4, van, luxury, or sports car. Sixt also allows you to customize your rental agreement with options such as additional drivers, fly and drive, LDW insurance and unlimited mileage.
Tips for Safe Travel by Car Rental in Jordan
While it is generally safe to rent a car in Jordan, drivers should exercise caution on the country's roadways which include some famously narrow, winding, steep, and crowded stretches.
- Watch for unmarked speed bumps and animals, in both rural and urban roadways.
- Use extra caution at night due to poor lighting, and during the rainy season from December to March as road conditions can become particularly treacherous.
- Speed limits and seatbelt laws are strictly enforced, and it is prohibited to drive under the influence of alcohol or talk on a cell phone.
Highlights to see with a car rental in Jordan
Mostly desert and nearly land-locked, the dramatic scenery and ancient sites you will see when you rent a car in Jordan are uniquely elemental. Visit the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth, where you can effortlessly float in saline waters. Drive through the Southern Desert to Petra, Jordan's top tourist attraction and one of the new Seven Wonders of the World, where an ancient city carved out of sandstone was discovered. Rent a car to tour the desert castles throughout Ajlun and Kerak, once used as getaways for Kaliffs from the Omayyad Period. From stunning granite cliffs to salt seas, Jordan is like another world. And you can easily explore it all with a car rental from Sixt.