Car Rental in Iceland
Why rent with Sixt?
- 4,000+ rental locations worldwide
- Affordable car rentals in Iceland
- Car Hire in Iceland and worldwide
- Long term rentals available
- 180,000+ vehicles in our fleet
- 50,000+ premium rental vehicles
- 5th largest global car rental company
Rent a car in Iceland with Sixt
Car rental in Iceland with Sixt is easy and convenient. Sixt has locations at both the Reykjavik Domestic Airport and the Keflavik International Airport, and in downtown Reykjavik. Take your choice from a wide selection of cars including sports cars, vans, and 4x4s with car rental in Iceland. Luxury cars are also available and there is even a chauffeur service. Sixt has convenient hours and is even open on bank holidays. It is simple to rent a car in Iceland, since it can be done in person, by phone or online. In addition, your vehicle of choice will be waiting upon your arrival if you make arrangements before your trip. Sixt car rental in Icleand also offers extras such as snow chains, ski racks and child seats.
Driving Regulations in Iceland
Iceland has many winding, mountain roads with gravel surfaces, so driving a car rental should be done carefully. Iceland's rules and regulations are intended to keep drivers safe and should therefore be followed.
- Headlight use is mandatory, both day and night
- Seatbelt use is also mandatory
- Driving off roads or marked tracks is strictly prohibited by law
- Before taking a trip to the mountains or into Iceland's interior, contact a travel bureau, tourist information office, or the Public Roads Administration for information on road conditions. Mountain roads can be very treacherous and will be closed if deemed impassable.
Places to visit in Iceland
Iceland boasts many attractions worth visiting, including Vatnajökull National Park, which is the largest national park in Europe. The Blue Lagoon is a famous geothermal spa with water that averages 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Farenheit). Iceland is also considered one of the best places in the world for whale-watching. Rent a car and explore the culture of the city at the Reykjavik Art Museum. You can also visit the Harpa Concert Hall, which was built in 2011, making it one of the city's newer attractions. Both the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra and the Icelandic Opera perform there. Your car rental can take you anywhere you like.