The pretty town of Priego de Cordoba is a welcome change of pace from the bustle of the city. You'll find narrow alleys filled with whitewashed houses and the biggest collection of baroque churches in the region. The town is also popular with foodies who come for its tapas bars and local olive oils that are said to be the best in Spain.
Distance to Priego de Cordoba
- From Cordoba city center: 68.1 miles via A 45. 1 hour 25 minutes
- From Cordoba Airport: 65 miles via the A45 and A339. 1 hour 16 minutes
Once the biggest Islamic city in Spain and known as the Shining City, the Medina Azahara is the ideal outing for history fans. Make your road trip even more fun by packing a picnic to enjoy in the beautiful surrounding countryside on your way to or from the site.
Distance to Medina Azahara
- From Cordoba city center: 6.4 miles via A 431. 23 minutes
- From Cordoba Airport: 4.9 miles via CO 3314. 14 minutes
A must for wildlife enthusiasts, las Sierras Subbeticas National Park is home to griffon vultures and is studded with picturesque villages. The park is also filled with dramatic rock formations and has the highest peak in the Andalusia region, La Tinosa.
Distance to las Sierras Subbeticas National Park
- From Cordoba city center: 57.6 miles via A 45. 1 hour 7 minutes
- From Cordoba Airport: 54.4 miles via A 45. 57 minutes