Manchester Airport Car Rental
Customer Reviews About Sixt
- Devdutta K. | 01.09.2014 09:59 I have been renting with Sixt for a long time now. The services is very quick and usually I get the car keys within 5 minutes. People at Manchester airport are very friendly and efficient. On occasions I had made a mistake in booking the wrong date, despite that, the staff were very helpful and I got a car very quickly without having a...
- James T. | 31.08.2014 15:50 I had a delay from my Hertz rental and Lynda Hollins was able to get me a vehicle immediately. We had 4 guys on a golf trip and needed a large, 9 passenger van and Lynda jumped in to assist us so we did not miss our lunch and tee time. Many thanks for the special and efficient efforts by Ms. Hollins. I'll for sure be renting from you...
- Michael C. | 21.07.2014 12:08 The staff at Manchester airport were very helpful. Noting that I was late for my plane when returning the car, a staff member drove me to the terminal, saving valuable time.
- Alan B. | 14.07.2014 02:15 First class experience from start to finish, no problems at all. staff were friendly and cureous, just what you need after a 16 hour trip from HK. Thanks to all at Sixt.
- George C. | 07.07.2014 12:49
- Gareth S. | 04.07.2014 11:33 Was a good experience, its tough to be able to afford car rental at 24 as 25 seems to be the age, sixt were easily the best at that.The lady who checked us in when picking up the car at Manchester Airport deserves an actual pat on the back and a well done. She was so nice, helpful, smiley. She just made it a pleasure. So if you can...
- Erdem M. | 01.07.2014 14:16 Also with the accident, the insurance covered everything and informed the hotel for their damage as well. Brilliant!
- Helen M. | 01.07.2014 10:31 I needed an automatic and was let down by another company. SixT came to the rescue
- Neda K. | 25.06.2014 14:20 Had a big problem with national cos I had rented thru a US website with no insurance. They didn't try to solve the problem. Went to the sixt desk, there was a lady called Linda, I think, blonde hair in a pony tail. Anyhow she was really nice and sorted it all out. It's the people that matter, not the company. If you have friendly...
- John B. | 09.06.2014 02:01 Sixt stands out from the crowd in every way. Keep offering great vehicles and great service and I'll keep using Sixt.
- Diane B. | 06.06.2014 14:48 At pick up the staff gave the car a quick spray clean as it was a black car and quite dusty. All staff were very helpful. The location of pick up and drop off is much easier than some other airports.Thanks for a great service. Steve Brock
- Alexander V. | 27.05.2014 10:43 I would definitely hire another car from SIXT. Thank you for your service.
- Frits M. | 22.05.2014 10:35 This was the best rental experience ever (and we have tried quite a few of your competitors). Quick, transparent, professional. Well done and I hope you can keep this up!
- Gary L. | 17.05.2014 04:58 Our difficult situation at Manchester airport was dealt with sympathetically by Jamie and Sam. They did all they could in their power to help us solve a complex problem and we were very impressed with their professionalism and enthusiasm. Your company distinguished itself from all the other car rental companies simply for the...
- Alison S. | 04.05.2014 19:38 Whilst waiting on my brand new car to be delivered I rented a car from Jamie in the Manchester airport branch.He has been great, he's extremely helpful and has made it such an easy process renting a car.Would definitely recommend him and his team. The whole sixt process has been worth every penny.
- Lance M. | 26.04.2014 11:37 this my my first time booki8ng with Sixt and I am now switching from using Hert to Sixt, as a direct result of this excellent experience
- Joshua H. | 26.04.2014 11:26 Fantastic staff at the Manchester branch!
- Karen H. | 23.04.2014 18:27 On Pick-up, Lynda was extremely helpful. She suggested the most the most suitable car for my needs and answered my questions about tyre and windscreen insurance. Further she ensured airmiles due to me from this and previous Sixt rentals were credited. Thank you Lynda! Car also nice and clean with friendly and efficient service on...
- Rob C. | 14.04.2014 08:08 The lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. The booking was straightforward and all charges were clear with no nasty surprises!
- Alfred T. | 13.04.2014 12:35 Excellent service from start to finish, will use Sixt again, can't fault you at all, and I'm a hard customer to please. The lady Sam at the desk was brilliant, a credit to Sixt.
- Philippe C. | 03.04.2014 18:09 Very professional service, nice car, what a change from Hertz !!Will definitely rent again with Sixt
- Lindsey B. | 03.04.2014 09:43 The booking process was simple, the staff when I needed to amend my booking were helpful and friendly. Picking up the vehicle and returning the vehicle was simple and efficient, generally I couldn't fault any of the service provided and will use Sixt Rental for my next booking.
- Simon H. | 22.03.2014 10:42 The staff at Manchester Airport are great and good ambassadors for your company, the vehicles are always spotless and are 100% reliable.
- Jan S. | 21.03.2014 10:36 STAFF WAS TOP
- Rita C. | 16.03.2014 23:13 My second time renting from Sixt (Manchester and Perpignan) - no queues and very efficient on both occasions. Sixt will be my first choice from now on.
- Malcolm H. | 30.01.2014 14:47 Everything was just perfect thanks
- Ronald John P. | 25.01.2014 14:23 The whole process from arrival, checking in, car delivery and return was quick and efficient. The staff at both pick up and delivery were excellent and, perhaps a small point, they smiled which unfortunately is quite rare nowadays but very pleasant after travelling for 18 hours.
- Javed S. | 22.01.2014 12:25 The lady that dealt with my bookings was extremely helpful - it made the world of difference - with that level of service I wouldn't care even if I paid a little more. Thanks.
- Ayub C. | 17.01.2014 20:39 Best Customer Service I have experienced. Your staff where very helpful, always smiling and just very easy and smooth dealing.
- Lateef H. | 14.01.2014 10:41 It was my first time using Sixt and it won't be the last!The girl that served me was very friendly.Even the gentleman whom I dropped the keys off to was very polite and friendly tooIt's a great car hire place
- Graeme K. | 10.01.2014 11:05 As a traveller who has rented Sixt cars in many countries I always find them to be very reliable and a top quality car for a fair transparent price.
- Natalya H. | 06.01.2014 21:35 I would like to commend both staff with whom we dealt - the young woman at the reception desk and the older man at the car pick up area. Both were great - very professional, courteous, helpful. They dealt with a slightly non-conventional document selection from a non-resident, handled my identification of small (unnoted) marks on the...
- John B. | 06.01.2014 03:12 Sixt is the only customer-centric retal car firm I have ever used. Thank you.
- Kenrick G. | 30.12.2013 19:52 Excellent experience. In particular, Jamie Holt from the Manchester Airport branch was extremely friendly and professional. Definitely the best car rental professional I have come across by a mile.
- Craig T. | 29.12.2013 00:28 Both Jamie and Jo-Anne were so helpful at the branch and made my rental experience a pleasure, would definantly recommend! 10/10
- Neil H. | 26.12.2013 10:56 Great service .. You should be proud of your staff at the Manchester airport officeVery efficient and helpfull
- John S. | 21.12.2013 00:26 your staff were first class
- Martyn John H. | 19.12.2013 13:15 I was taken care of by a young Polish fellow called Michal at the Manchester airport branch. I needed my UK licence pre qualified in advance as I was landing on a Saturday afternoon when the DVLA are closed (I am missing my paper licence). Michal was just great sorting this out in advance for me, we talked and mailed a few days...
- Niels Christian J. | 16.12.2013 10:05 Very, very positive experience while returning the car. A SIXT staff member took us to the Terminal 1 @ Manchester Airport, so that we didn't have to wait for the bus to come around. This will without doubt make me wanna chose SIXT not just again, but always, where possible.
- Troy Anthony W. | 02.12.2013 11:15 The whole experience was very easy and staff were very helpful the car was great and in fantastic condition. The return was very easy and staff very helpful to get us back to our hotel. Thank you
- Martin B. | 02.12.2013 09:38 Staff always very welcoming and friendly. Great cars, many upgrades. Can't fault your Company, and I've tried all the others first so I know what I'm talking about.
- Michael C. | 26.11.2013 11:47 This was the first time I have rented from Sixt and found the whole experience hassle free. The staff at Manchester Airport were professional and efficient. I would definitely rent from Sixt again.
- George B. | 12.11.2013 14:49 your staff were very helpfull especiaaly as i was late arriving [bad weather]the young man who was on the early shift upon leaving was great,how long will it be before you return the deposit on the the credit card?
- Joshua K. | 12.11.2013 11:19 The lady who checked me in as such was lovely and very polite, blond lady assistant manager. Will differently book again although the whole pre auth thin. Was a tad confusing.
- Michael D. | 07.11.2013 10:53 This is the second time I have used Sixt and the service has been exemplary, especially the van rental used previously. I have gotten used to ending up with a different van to the the one ordered and non-existent customer skills, so the Manchester branch of Sixt was a breath of fresh air. With the car rental, I appreciated the fact...
- Susan M. | 02.11.2013 17:21 Completely satisfied with the professional service I received, very easy to book, find, collect and return van. Van was in good condition and drove very well. staff were very helpful and efficient. I will use this service again and have recommended it to friends and family.
- Peter J. | 29.10.2013 21:08 Friendly professional team. Seamless, customer-centric service delivery. If all the service providers involved in international travel were this easy to deal with it would be a lot more pleasurable.Thanks.
- Gillian C. | 29.10.2013 12:46 entire process was seamless - staff were friendly and efficient. Really helpful even set up the satnav for me. Great service
- Simon T. | 15.10.2013 09:07 The whole trip was very simple professional and took only minutes to complete very friendly and quick the cars are always perfect I have used sixt numerous times in different country'sAnd the service is always the same great thank you
- Steven H. | 14.10.2013 16:02 Having rented vehicles in North America I found your company to be among the best, staff were superb and the car as advertised, as I said one the best and will rent from you again.
- Vivien J. | 03.10.2013 12:21 The staff on vehicle pick-up and drop off were just fantastic. The ease of this service ensures that I will indeed make use of Sixt agin. Thank you!
- Colin K. | 27.09.2013 16:58 on returning the car and during the inspection I found the employees reference to a small scuff on the front left tire to be a little melodramatic. I would think a thing as minor as that not worth commenting on. Apart from that the car rental was a good experience and would not prevent me from using Sixt again.
- Douglas G. | 23.09.2013 19:01 The rental was short notice due to issues at another rental agency and the Sixt person was very friendly and helpful in solving our transportation problem.
- Robert S. | 22.09.2013 14:00 The representative was so helpful upon our arrival into Manchester. We needed to alert our bank regarding our credit card issues, and she cheerfully offered us a phone. She explained everything we needed to know about the car. We will definitely use Sixt again!
- David-Paul H. | 19.09.2013 14:27 The staff at the Manchester airport office (particularly Rachel) were great sorting out all the official details needed for the booking following the declaration of the loss of my driving licence just before travelling.
- Carl P. | 15.09.2013 14:32 I found the emails prior to picking up the car really helpful. It gave me an impression and an anticipation that someone was waiting for me and that everything would go smoothly at the branch.
- Richard M. | 08.09.2013 04:51 I was very impressed with Sixt's customer service during the rental. I inadvertantly locked the keys in the boot when the car self-locked. The process of contacting the customer service team, including several phone-calls by the team to make sure that recovery had made contact and thet the issue had been resolved all made the...
- David W. | 07.09.2013 12:02 helpful staff and easy to book
- David C. | 01.09.2013 11:36 I did not get the vehicle I thought I had chosen when booking on-line (Citroen DS3) but the one I received was very good for its size and was well equipped.I will continue to use Sixt as I find the booking process very straight forward.
- Shane Mathew W. | 30.08.2013 10:25 Thanks. Perfect rental as always from Sixt
- Elizabeth L. | 27.08.2013 08:50 Many thanks to the staff at Manchester.
- Rebecca T. | 26.08.2013 23:30 Quick and easy, looking at booking again in near future.
- Geoffrey M. | 13.08.2013 12:00 A stressless rental experience - the website was easy to use, staff friendly and helpful, and the car was in good condition. Thank you, will rent from you again.
- Sarah M. | 08.08.2013 12:43 The service received when picking up and dropping off the car was excellent, the staff I dealt with were courteous, professional and efficient. I have hired vehicles from other companies previously and have never received an all round service at such a high standard as I received from your company, I would definately reccommend your...
- Natalie O. | 07.08.2013 11:58 Very positive experience. So much so I want to book again with sixt!
- Martine S. | 06.08.2013 16:28 Efficient and friendly service. Professional staff and excellent vehicle.
- Richard S. | 06.08.2013 13:19 Thank you Manchester team.Really great customer service
- William F. | 06.08.2013 11:01 Very happy with Sixt at ManchesterLong time since I rented with SixT in the UK, my first time at Manchester and everything was really great.Staff friendly.
- David W. | 01.08.2013 14:10 Friendly efficient staff. Lovely car provided at reduced rate. Very pleased-will definitely use Sixt again!
- Rose S. | 22.07.2013 12:11 Friend,y and helpful staff as usual :)
- Michael H. | 19.07.2013 22:50 Great customer service, very friendly and helpful. Prices good, and excellent services.
- Peter P. | 15.07.2013 12:08 The Manager was very friendly and helpful. The rates compared to other rental companies were quite favourable. The only company that had an automatic vehicle readily available.Prompt attention provided.
- Seamas M. | 15.07.2013 07:02 A very fair price. And a very smooth, efficient process.
- Thomas M. | 11.07.2013 18:47 I would have liked to nominate the employee that greeted me for an excellent customer service award. I misunderstood the signs at Manchester Airport, and proceeded with luggage in tow, to the Sixt office only to find it was the returns office. The young man that assisted me, unfortunately I don't have his name but it may be possible to...
- Alison D. | 10.07.2013 08:28 the employees gave me a choice of small vehicles to rent and therefore i was able to choose one that i felt more comfortable in. they also helped me with the directions out of the airport. i also did not have to wait to be served which is very convenient after a very long flight. thank you to you all.
- Peter J. | 05.07.2013 17:03 What made this rental particularly satisfying was Linda Hollins perceiving my unusual need for a larger vehicle to accommodate my family/luggage and making it available with the maximum of friendly efficiency and professionalism. The Volvo D5 Est met our needs very well.Keep up the good work!
- Michael C. | 05.07.2013 16:21 It was all quite friendly yet professional.
- Pushpa M. | 25.06.2013 14:47 Overall the pick up and drop off of the rental vehicle to Manchester's Car Village was very quick, easy and efficient to use. The staff (booking staff and car hand over staff) were very helpful and friendly. In particular Damon was professional and very empathetic to the fact that I was travelling alone with two young children and...
- Peter H. | 17.06.2013 10:33 The rental process was simple, the cost was very competative and the service was exceptionally good. I would certainly use Sixt again.
- Lorraine S. | 12.06.2013 13:39 The lady that served me was beyond nice, very friendly and made the whole process very easy. I have had a bad experience with Hertz and was dreading hiring a car again but I will use your company from now on. I need to rebook for end of June and I will be using you. Mostly down to the woman that served me, staff like that should be...
- Paul G. | 31.05.2013 00:50 Sixt were very helpful when I unexpectedly needed to extend my rental by 7 days after it had commenced. I was able to do this very easily by phone. I was very satisfied with the quality and presentation of the vehicle, the ease of collection process and competetive price.
- William T. | 15.05.2013 19:51 Would love to make a suggestion but sadly my rental experience with you was perfect . . .
- Karin A. | 14.05.2013 13:37 I was late and risked to miss my flight home. A Sixt staff drove me to the terminal so I could catch my flight. That may have saved my weekend. Thanks!
- Marvin T. | 03.05.2013 00:00 I have used Sixt a few times now at Manchester Airport, staff always friendly, courteous and efficient. Cars always clean and in good condition. Prices always reasonable, your my favourite rental company.
- Joseph K. | 18.04.2013 00:00 The staff at the counter in Manchester were spectacular. Ms. Hollins especially was very helpful. She made our experience a pleasure despite the fact that our car was not ready. She had no control over this but went out of her way to correct the issues. The customer service provided was second to none. When renting again, we will...
- Joern T. | 02.04.2013 00:00 Servicen i Manchester lufthavn er altid fantastisk. specielt vil jeg gerne rose den service man får når bilen returneres
- David F. | 17.03.2013 00:00 Extremely helpful staff at Manchester Airport office.
- Nicholas R. | 13.03.2013 00:00 The young lady on the checking desk was excellent, she had only been doing the job for a week or two, but her customer focused attitude really shone through. Her manager was also very helpful, buying me a coffee whilst I waited for the vehicle to be cleaned. Excellent service which would have me using sixt again. Thank you
- Simon B. | 09.03.2013 00:00 The whole service was exceedingly good but I must single out 'Michael' as a very helpful and kind man. There were potential problems with my driving licence and he went to a great deal of trouble to help me.He certainly is a great asset to your organisation and a superb ambassador for Sixt.Thank you,
- Nyall J. | 28.02.2013 00:00 The only suggestion I have is 'Keep Up The Great Work' :-)Thats the second time in 6 Months I have used SIXT. Totally satisfied. Many Thanks
- Neasa B. | 26.02.2013 00:00 Michelle at the desk on Friday 23rd was a credit to your company - just such a lovely person and really left us with a great impression of your company. We were equally as impressed with the man who checked our car back in when we returned it to Manchester Airport on Sunday night. Outstanding customer service from beginning to end.
- Danielle E. | 31.01.2013 00:00 Sixt were the best at rental company I have use yet. Everything costed exactly what I was told (unlike with other companies)
- James S. | 03.01.2013 00:00 The gentleman who dealt with my car hire upon arrival at Manchester Airport, Lee Smith. Should be commended on his excellent attitude and impecable customer service. He took time to explain all my options regarding vehicle choice as well as fuel in a friendly approachable manner. Mr Smith also dealt with the return of the vehicle in...
- Adrian M. | 20.12.2012 00:00 Very friendly and great assistance.
- Paul Damian C. | 13.09.2012 00:00 Great service and great car.
- Frank C. | 03.08.2012 00:00 I have rented vehicles in many countries over the years and I found that your Company provided me with the type of service I wanted. The car was excellent and your staff was very helpful, particularly a gentleman named ANDREW who took us to our rental and, by chance I suppose, was there when we returned it. He was someone of whom you...
- Anna V. | 24.07.2012 00:00 The staff were friendly and professional and there were no delays in picking up the car.
- Trevor B. | 15.07.2012 00:00 Great service! Thanks
- Paul D. | 14.07.2012 00:00 The service was excellent no high pressure insurance sales and a really nice clean car. Thank you we will be back in England in November and will definatly use Sixt again.
- Anthony V. | 06.07.2012 00:00 I arrived at Manchester with a pre-booking for Avis. They didn't have any cars and were in total chaos. So at short notice I went to the SIXT desk. The lady that helped me was a credit to your company, a first rate employee.
|M22 5WH Manchester GB +44-844-4993399|
|GDS - Code:||MAN|
|Mo. - Su.||07:00 - 23:45|
|Bank holiday||07:00 - 23:45|
|24 h return|
Welcome to the Manchester Airport Sixt rent a car office
Manchester Car Rental with Sixt
Manchester is one of England's liveliest cities and is home to two of Europe's most famous football clubs Manchester United, where David Beckham's football career first flourished with an estimated 33 million supporters and Manchester City.
The city has some fantastic shopping facilities including the Trafford Centre with over 200 stores and 60 Restaurants and cafes, a state of the art laser quest, an entertainment venue called NAMCO containing an 18-lane bowling alley and Barton Square, top spot to destination home ware stores and the first LEGOLAND discovery Centre in the UK. This is located just off the M60 motorway.
Manchester is also home to several popular museum's including the Museum of Science and Industry. If you're looking to escape busy city life then why not get into your Sixt hire car and take a 30 mile drive south of Manchester into the Peak District, where you will find some of England's finest countryside as well as home of many fictional books including Emily Bronte's Jayne Eyre and Wuthering Heights. The Peak district is also residence for the Chatsworth stately home, a beautiful estate open all year round, full of brilliant artist collections, botanical gardens, petting farm, adventure playground, farm shop and several cafe's and restaurants making an ideal day out for everyone. Whether it is city life or the countryside you are looking for, Manchester is the perfect destination for you.
Top Five Things to do in Manchester
1. Take a shopping trip at the Trafford centre
2. Enjoy some time with the kids at the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre
3. Enjoy a long hike in the Peak district
4. take a trip to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire's estate at Chatsworth House
5. Take a guided tour around ManchesterUnited's Ground
Car hire at Manchester Airport
Manchester airport is the UK's third busiest airport and has three inter connecting terminal buildings. The airport has two runways that run parallel to each other. The airport is close to the M56 motorway so once you have picked up your rental car you can soon be on the open road. . As with most of our car hire locations, Sixt Manchester Airport offers a full range of vehicles both in terms of cars and vans and can rent anything from a small economy car right up to a 7 seater people carrier or a luxury BMW or Mercedes. Ifyou are looking for van hire then we also have commercial vehicles to suit any need whether you are moving house or need a van for day to day business use
|Mo. - Su.||07:00 - 23:45|
|Bank holiday||07:00 - 23:45|
Contacts / Lost & Found
SIXT # Manchester Airport MAN
|M22 5WH Manchester|
Location plan - how to find us
The Sixt branch is located in the Car Rental Village. A FREE courtesy bus operated by Manchester Airport for the Car Hire Village will drop off and pick up from a new bus stop outside arrivals at all 3 terminals. The bus will run to a 10 minute frequency between 05:00 and midnight. After midnight the bus will operate an on demand service (there will be signage and intercom inside the bus stop that will go through to coach control).
The Airport train and bus stations are located between Terminal One and Two, take the shuttle bus to the Car rental Village
Exit the M56 motorway at junction 5 (Manchester Airport), follow signs for Terminal 3 and then Car rental Village
Follow the signs for Car Rental Village and park the vehicle in the Sixt return bay. Key drop of safe is in front of the building.
Out of hours pickup & return
Pick-up out of opening hours between 23:45 and 00:30 is possible for an additional charge. This service is bookable on request. Please provide your address and credit card details, e-mail address, flight and mobile number.Out of hour return possible.
key box available in the car rental village in front of the Sixt office.
A FREE courtesy bus operated by Manchester Airport for the Car Hire Village will drop off and pick up from a new bus stop outside arrivals at all 3 terminals. The bus will run to a 10 minute frequency between 05:00 and midnight. After midnight the bus will operate an on demand service (there will be signage and intercom inside the bus stop that will go through to coach control).
Categories and services at this location
- Cars & vehicles
- Sports cars & convertibles
- 4x4 / SUV
- Choose vehicle using iPhone for pick up
- 24 h return