West Virginia Toll Roads | Calculate Toll Costs
Discover all of the toll roads in West Virginia, make it easy to plan a road trip in West Virginia. Below you will be able to see all of the toll roads, click on each toll road to learn more information. You will be able to learn the costs, how long it is and which cities it runs through.
West Virginia Turnpike
- Toll Road Name: West Virginia Turnpike , West Virginia
- On Which Highways: Interstate 77
- Connecting Cities: Charleston to Princeton
- Cost of the Toll Road: Dynamic variable rate based on axle/weight/distance traveled
- Autos: $2.00 max - $0.40 min
- Trucks: $12.00 max - $0.70 min
- Calculate the cost of your trip here: https://transportation.wv.gov/Turnpike/EZPass/Pages/default.aspx
- Distance of the Toll Road: 88 miles - 141.62 km
- How to pay: E-ZPass, cash
- History: The Turnpike opened in 1954 and crosses mountainous terrain that required grades of up to five percent and the movement of 33 million cubic yards of earth. The Turnpike climbs from an elevation of 600 feet at Charleston to an elevation of 3400 feet at Flat Top Mountain. The Turnpike has 116 bridges, that’s more than one every mile.
- How to Use: There are three mainline toll plazas on the West Virginia Turnpike located at Chelyan, Pax and Ghent. There is also one side toll located on Route 19 at the North Beckley Exit (Exit 48). At the Princeton Welcome Center travelers can get assistance with travel information for visiting West Virginia. The Rest Area 69 is open 24-hour and found on the Southbound I-77 at milepost 69
- NOTE: No debit/credit cards are accepted at the toll plazas. Only cash and E-ZPass can be used to pay toll.
- When to Use: The Turnpike providers drivers with the most direct route south from the Great Lakes and regions of Canada. It carries Interstate 64 to south of Beckley, where it provides a much needed east-west route. The roadway has many scenic delights and natural vistas such as views from Flat Top Mountain, the Bluestone Gorge.
- Discounts: Several discount plans are offered to personal and commercial E-ZPASS users.