Massachusetts Toll Roads | Calculate Toll Prices
See all of the Massachusetts toll roads, tunnels and bridges below. Click on the interactive map below to see all of the information about each toll road in Massachusetts. Get to know the costs, where they are and how long they are, let SIXT help you plan your road trip to Massachusetts.
- Toll Road Name: Massachusetts Turnpike, Massachusetts
- On Which Highways: Interstate 90
- Connecting Cities: The Turnpike connects Massachusetts’s three major cities: Boston, Worcester and Springfield.
- Cost of the Toll Road: Fixed variable rate based on time of day Eastbound: $7.10 max Westbound: $10.60 max More information about costs here http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/highway/TollCalculator.aspx
- Distance of the Toll Road:138.10 miles 222.25 Km
- How to pay: E-ZPass, cash
- History: The Turnpike opened in 1958 and has since had many extensions added on. In 2003 it was extended to include service to Logan International Airport.
- How to Use: You may pay a toll once or pay portions of the total over the length of your trip, depending on the section of Turnpike you are traveling on.
- When to Use: The Massachusetts Turnpike is the state’s major east-west highway and is great for get to any of its major cities such as Boston, Springfield and Worcester. It offers faster and smoother travel times then other alternatives. Also a good connection to Logan International Airport.
- Discounts: Drivers with a E-ZPass can take advantage of discounted toll rates. Discounts are also available to Fast Lane Carpool drivers who have a 3 person minimum. Residents of East and South Boston and the North End receive a discounted tunnel toll rates. Future Plans: There are proposed plans to begin construction in 2016 of a re-route over the former Beacon Park Yard with completion scheduled for 2020.