Maine Toll Roads | Calculate Toll Costs
See all of the Maine toll roads on the interactive map below. Click on the black dot and see all of the information you need about that toll road from costs, distance, and which cites you can reach with it. Let SIXT help plan your road trip to Maine!
- Toll Road Name: Maine Turnpike, Maine
- On Which Highways: Interstates 95, 195, 295, 495
- Connecting Cities or States: Kittery to Augusta
- Cost of the Toll Road: Fixed rate based on axle, weight and distance traveled
- Autos: $7.00 max for full length no pass
- Trucks: $31.55 max for full length no pass
- Calculate your toll costs here: http://www.maineturnpike.com/Traveler-Services/Tolls.aspx
- Distance of the Toll Road: 109 miles 175.41 Km
- How to pay: cash, E-ZPASS
- History: The Maine Turnpike was New England’s first superhighway and the first of its kind in the United States built without state or federal tax dollars. It remains independent until today.
- How to Use: The Maine Turnpike has five service plazas where drivers can find fuel, food and other services. Each plaza service station provides gas, diesel, oil, fluids, a limited selection of tires and 24/7 radio contact with the Maine Turnpike’s Communications Center. Rest rooms are also available at these service plazas.
- When to Use: The Maine Turnpike runs from the state line of New Hampshire to Augusta, Maine’s capitol. It passes through the following cities: Kittery, Saco, Portland, Lewiston, Gardiner, and Augusta. There are many attractions along the route.
- Discounts: E-ZPASS users receive discounted toll rates.
- Future Plans: The Maine Turnpike Authority’s 2015 Capital Program includes $53.5 million for construction projects including: Resurfacing, guardrail and clearzone improvements, bridge repair and rehabilitation, interchange and Park and Ride improvements, and Cash lane toll plaza improvements and conversions to open road tolling.