Kansas Toll Roads | Calculate Toll Costs
Find all of the toll roads in Kansas and see how much they cost. See the interactive map below for you can see where all of the toll roads are in Kansas. Let us help you find the costs of road trips in Kansas.
- Toll Road Name: Kansas Turnpike, Kansas
- On Which Highways: Interstates 35, 335, 470, 70
- Connecting Cities: The Kansas Turnpike runs from the Oklahoma state line to Kansas City. It passes through several major Kansas cities such as Wichita, Topeka, and Lawrence.
- Cost of the Toll Road: Fixed rate based on axle and distance traveled
- Autos: $12.00 max for full length$0.30 min
- Trucks: $77.50 max$0.35 min
- Calculate your toll costs here: http://www.ksturnpike.com/travel_information/tolls
- Distance of the Toll Road: 236 miles 380 Km
- How to pay:cash, KTAG
- History: The Kansas Turnpike was built in 22 months and opened in 1956. The Turnpike predates the Interstate Highway System and derives its entire revenue from the tolls collected. The Turnpike requires no additional tax money for its maintenance or administration.
- How to Use: • Tolls are only paid once for each trip and will be collected upon exiting the Turnpike. • Enter through a lane marked Ticket /Cash and do NOT enter through a KTAG marked lane.• Pick up a ticket when you enter from either an employee or ticket automat. • Exit through a lane marked Cash/Self Pay lane. Payments are accepted in US currency or with major credit cards.
- When to Use: The turnpike spans the entire state of Kansas from north to south and passes through its major cities. Some popular destinations along the Kansas Turnpike are:• Exit 224, 410, or 41 1Cricket Wireless Amphitheater (formerly Sandstone Amphitheater) in Bonner Springs• Exit 197, 202, or 204 Memorial Stadium in Lawrence• Exit 53, 50, or 42Intrust Bank Arena in Wichita
- Discounts: If you are using the Turnpike several times you might want to consider signing up for the KTAG electronic toll collection system in order to save on costs.