Sixt aims to offers services that provide drivers with support a road. As part of our efforts, we offer a Roadside Protection plan which is an extended insurance policy that covers minor accidents and incidents and absolves renters from service and repair costs following self-induced events. As we have branches worldwide our Roadside Protection policy extends across international borders so you can take advantage of this service just about wherever* you rent a car with Sixt. Valid across every car rental category, you will have the same level of protection regardless of whether you are driving a compact car or a luxury model. However, please note truck and van rentals are not included in the coverage of our Roadside Protection policy.
Roadside Protection Overview
- Keys Locked in Car: Sixt will assume the costs of opening the vehicle by the manufacturer or one of its partners, the towing process, and the replacement car.
- Breakdown due to Low Fuel: If you run out of gas Sixt will assume the costs for breakdown recovery and the fuel required to move onward.
- Dead Battery: In case of a dead battery and required jump start, Sixt assumes the costs for the starting equipment by the vehicle manufacturer or one of its partners.
- Lost Keys: If you lose your car rental keys Sixt assumes the costs for the spare key, the transport/shipment of the replacement key, the towing process and the replacement vehicle.
- Stuck Car: In the case, your rent a car becomes unmaneuverable (e.g. due to winter road conditions) Sixt assumes the costs for the towing process and the replacement car.
How Roadside Protection Works
All services need to be ordered by a direct claim with the Sixt 24-hour Roadside Assistance team as they are responsible for determining the type and extent of service required. If any damage to the rental vehicle occurs which is falls outside of the scope of the Sixt Roadside Protection, the renter is liable for such damage.
Feel safe and secure all over the world with Sixt rent a car Roadside Protection!
*Excluding car rental in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Monaco and Spain.
Passionate about travel, Katie likes to eat her way through as many different countries as possible.