Get help with your bookings, picking up of vehicle, emergencies and more.
Search help topics
Pet-friendly car rental
Are pets allowed in SIXT vehicles?Yes, pets are allowed in rental vehicles. Customers must return their rental car in clean condition and free of pet hair to avoid cleaning and detailing fees. To accommodate our customers with disabilities, we waive the special cleaning fee for a service animal.
With the pet-friendly car rental services available from SIXT you can travel and bring your animal companion along on the adventure. Whether it’s a short or long trip you can take advantage of our affordable rates and arrange a pet-friendly car rental at one of our global locations*.
When selecting your pet-friendly car rental you have your pick of premium vehicles from our up-to-date fleet. We have a large selection of diverse models including extra roomy minivans and spacious SUVs that are perfect for road trips with your animal companion. As part of our efforts to make car rental with your pet as convenient as possible we also offer flexible daily, week, monthly and long-term rental agreements. Take your pet with on an exciting excursion for as long as you like, wherever you like, with a pet-friendly car rental.
Organizing a pet-friendly car rental can be an ideal solution for a longer trip to a pet-friendly destination, especially if you are trying to avoid the hassle of arranging for a pet sitter while you're traveling. There are, however, some things to keep in mind while driving your pet in a rental car. Here are some suggestions for making the journey safer and more comfortable for all your passengers, human or animal.
Tips for driving with your pet in a rental car
- Blankets: If your pet is a heavy shedder consider bringing blankets to make cleaning the interior easier. Blankets are also a good way to protect the upholstery from damages and keep your pet more comfortable during the ride.
- Toys: Any pet, like their human counterparts, probably wants to feel at home while on the road. Consider bringing along some of their favorite toys and other items that will help them relax and enjoy the journey.
- Safety: It is important to not let your pet roam freely in the vehicle as this can cause injury or accident if they wind up on the driver’s lap or near the pedals. Please keep your pet restrained or in an appropriate carrier.
- Parking: Never leave your pet in a parked car. Cars can heat up incredibly fast during the day and can cause your dog to have heatstroke. Cold temperatures can be just as life threatening.
- Breaks: If traveling with a dog make sure to take breaks and stop at places where it can properly run around and spend time out of the car.
Along with our premium fleet and attractive rates we offer great deals on add-ons. Make sure you have everything you need for an optimal ride and include any combination of our useful extras. We have additional driver coverage so you can share the wheel, unlimited mileage, GPS, child seats and more. Protection packages are also available to give you peace of mind while traveling with your pet.
Everything you need for your pet-friendly car rental
Was this answer helpful?
Yes, it was helpful
No, I still need help