Sixt rent a car in Saalfeld
Saalfeld is located in the Saale River Valley. It dates back to the 7th century and is home to many to historical sights of interest along with rich natural beauty. Below are some of the attractions worth visiting with your car rental in Saalfeld with Sixt.
Sightseeing with your car rental in Saalfeld
- The City Museum: Housed in the Franciscan monastery built in 1250, the City Museum is a journey through the early history of the Franciscans. The museum also displays Thuringian art, folklore, furniture, textiles, coins, and religious art from different periods in the history of the region.
- The Saalfeld Fairy Grottoes: Billed the most colorful grottoes in the world by the Guinness Book of World Records, these caves give a glimpse of mining in the Middle Ages.
- River Wanderings: Take a leisurely stroll along the River Saale or rent a canoe and explore further.
- Bicycle Explorations: Take in the mountains, forests, river, and valley that are part of the popular 55 km Saale Cycle Path which gives nature enthusiasts a taste of Bavaria, Thuringia, and Saxony-Anhalt.
- Darrtor: This is one of the five former medieval city gates of Saalfeld. The tower platform offers sweeping views of the city and its surroundings.
Why rent with Sixt?
- New cars - on average 3 months old
- Premium fleet of german cars
- Car rental made quick and easy
- Unlimited miles on standard vehicles
- Free cancellation when you pay on arrival
- Friendly 24/7 customer service