Service & Info. Sixt moving tips.
Tips for unloading safely...
- Park your van as close as possible to where you will be loading from.
- Check that the door you will be loading from allows you enough room.
- Load any large furniture first and then all other furniture.
- Place mattresses, upholstery and tables on their sides against the wall.
- Place heavy boxes on the bottom, and lighter ones on top of them.
- Slide long items such as floor lamps in along the sides.
- Place odd-shaped items on the top of your load if light enough.
Tips for the safe packing of...
- If possible, dismantle your furniture.
- Protect damageable surfaces (wood...) with furniture pads.
- Defrost your refrigerator.
- Protect upholstery with plastic covers.
- Wrap any small and breakable items.
- Hang it on hangers or lay it flat in wardrobe boxes.
... household appliance:
- Pack electrical goods separately and upright in boxes.
- Wrap kitchenware, dishes, glassware and other breakable items individually in bubble wrap or in several
layers of newspaper.
- Place plants in large boxes.
- Clean and roll rugs.
- Fold curtains carefully and pack them in boxes.
- Lay books in small boxes.
And don't forget to label all your boxes with their content and where they need to be placed in your new home. This will make it a lot easier when unloading.
Here are some little tips to help your move go as smoothly as possible.
To make your packing and loading a little easier just print out this list of moving tips.