Service & Info. Sixt van tips for a safe trip.
Follow the tips below for a safe trip:
- Let the branch staff at your pick-up location explain the handling of the van to you.
- Make a test drive on a car park or in an area with little traffic.
- Always bear in mind the size of the van, particularly the height (especially when approaching bridges…).
- Take into consideration the extra room required when manoeuvring and cornering, make sure that your exterior mirrors are adjusted properly to help with this.
- Do not follow the vehicle in front too closely as vans have a longer stopping distance.
- Pay attention when reversing and backing into a parking space. It is better if another person guides you.
- When turning left, right or manoeuvring into tight spaces remember to use your exterior mirrors.
- Pay attention when changing lanes. Always think about blind spots and pay particular attention to motorcycle drivers.
You can sometimes be a little nervous when driving a van for the first time, but it is not difficult.