Driving Tips in Arizona
Driving in Arizona although similar to other states can be different. Sixt wants to make sure that you are aware of all the driving regulations before you start your road trip.
Rules and Regulations
Please read our list of rules and driving tips before you start your journey.
- If you are drink driving it is illegal to have more than 0.8 blood alcohol concentration. Offenders will be heavily punished.
- Seat belts are compulsory for all occupants of a vehicle.
- Children under 8 years of age are required to be placed in a child passenger restraint system.
- Use of cell phones whilst driving is illegal.
- When you need to pass a vehicle that is traveling in the same direction as you always pass on the left.
- You may be cited for aggressive driving if you commit a series of acts during a single, continuous period of driving that presents an immediate hazard to another person or vehicle, exceed the posted speed limit or commit two of the following violations, failure to obey traffic control signs or signals.
- The law requires certain vehicles to yield the right of way to other vehicles. The law does not actually give the right of way to any particular motorist, it just states who must yield. No one is allowed to take the right of way if taking it means it can result in a collision.
You must obey the traffic signals and signs. Yield the right of way to other vehicles as directed.
When approaching an intersection with an inoperative traffic control signal or no traffic lights, stop signs or yield signs, come to a complete stop before entering the intersection and then proceed when the roadway is clear. If 2 vehicles arrive at the intersection at the same time, both must stop and the driver of the vehicle on the left must yield the right of way to the driver on the right.
At a T intersection, the driver on the street which ends must yield the right of way to vehicles on the cross street.
- When approaching a roundabout, vehicles in the roundabout have right of way.
- Use headlights between sunset and sunrise is compulsory.
- Don’t make a U-turn on the freeway.
When approaching a school bus that is picking up or dropping off passengers, you must come to a complete stop before reaching the bus, regardless of your direction of travel.
15mph when approaching a school crossing.25mph in any business or residential district.55mph on open highways or city freeways.65mph on designated open highways.75mph on rural interstate highways.Speed limits will vary indifferent roads so make sure you follow the signs.
Things to Bring Along
Make sure that you always have your driver’s license with you whilst driving.
Once you have read all of the above driving tips you will be ready to set off on your road trip. Sixt is looking forward to being your car rental provider and wishes all of our customers a safe and pleasant trip. If you are traveling to Phoenix you will have lots of attractions to visit such as the musical instrument museum, or the beautiful Desert botanical gardens. You could also take off in the sky with Fly us hot air balloon rides or go for a hike at Camelback Mountain. Don’t forget that we have a number of other branches scattered around the country including Florida, Georgia, Washington and Nevada!