Manchester Piccadilly Car Rental
Travel Information from Sixt rent a car at Manchester Piccadilly
The city has some fantastic shopping facilities including Downtown central shopping centre, being known for its brilliant boutiques in the triangle shopping centre and fashion markets which are all a short walk away from the branch. Dale street offers quirky and vintage shops, downtown Manchester has shops to suit everybody's tastes. If you travel out of the city you will come across one of Northern England's biggest shopping malls the Trafford Centre with over 200 stores and 60 Restaurants and cafes, a state of the art laser quest , an entertainment venue called NAMCO containing an 18-lane bowling alley and Barton Square, home to destination home ware stores and the first LEGOLAND discovery Centre in the UK. This is located just off the M60 motorway.
Manchester is also home to several popular museum's including the Museum of Science and Industry. If you're looking to escape busy city life then why not get into your Sixt hire car and take a 30 mile drive south of Manchester into the Peak District, where you will find some of England finest countryside home of many fictional books including Emily Bronte's Jayne Eyre and Wuthering Heights. The Peak district is also residence for the Chatsworth stately home, a beautiful estate open all year round, full of brilliant artist collections, botanical gardens, petting farm, adventure playground, farm shop and several cafe's and restaurants making an ideal day out for everyone. Whether it is city life or the countryside you are looking for, Manchester is the perfect destination for you.
Top Five Things to do in Manchester
1. Take a shopping trip at the Triangle shopping centre
2. Enjoy some time with the kids at the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre
3. Enjoy a long hike in the Peak district
4. take a trip to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire's estate at Chatsworth House
5. Take a guided tour around Manchester United's Ground.
Car Hire at Manchester Piccadilly
Our Manchester Piccadilly branch is situated 0.2 miles from Manchester Piccadilly rail station. If you head north on London road for 0.1 miles and turn right onto Ducie street we are situated on the left. As with most of our car hire locations, Sixt Manchester Piccadilly offers a full range of vehicles both in terms of cars and vans and can rent anything from a small economy car right up to a 7 seater people carrier or a luxury BMW or Mercedes. If you are looking for van hire then we also have commercial vehicles to suit any need whether you are moving house or need a van for day to day business use.
Welcome to Sixt Car Rental at Manchester Piccadilly
|M1 2JL Manchester GB +44-161-3002719|
|GDS - Code:||MANC05|
|Mo. - Fr.||08:00 - 19:00|
|Sa.||08:00 - 17:00|
|Su.||09:00 - 16:00|
|Bank holiday||09:00 - 16:00|
Customer Reviews About Sixt
- Dawid P. | 07.03.2014 22:11 Customer service SUPER.Crew very PROFESSIONAL.Still keep the same level customer service.Thanks Guys!
- Cayten P. | 01.03.2014 17:45 Always receive an excellent service from the staff at Sixt Manchester Picc. Thanks
- Joe F. | 28.02.2014 08:27 Very good, helpful member of staff, efficient vehicle.
- Nicholas P. | 26.02.2014 10:59 All in all another very good experience. Thank you
- Adam P. | 03.02.2014 13:16 Very good customer service from the branch, both when i went in too book and when i collected and returned the vehicle. Vehicle was clean and to the standards expected. Located in a central easy to reach location for me. Overall i would, and have, recommended sixt to friends and colleagues for future use.
- David G. | 22.01.2014 16:15 The booking process and the staff mad the experiance easy
- Peter L. | 17.01.2014 11:41 Always looked after really well by Danny and his team. Even though the branch isn't ideally situated for me I have found the service and flexibility of the staff to be worth traveling for.Thanks :-)
- Kadir A. | 08.01.2014 22:54 The staff at the branch where amazing. Great customer service!
- Jamie D. | 01.01.2014 20:37 Very fast and pleasant to deal with, I will be recommending to others and will consider using your services again Thank You
- Allicia R. | 13.12.2013 00:19 I rent from Sixt all the time i find your services great and affordable.
- Rebecca R. | 07.12.2013 10:49 Overall, I have experienced a great service from Sixt - and you are my first choice hire company. Great prices, clean and well maintained cars, great service (I love the fact that you upgrade me because I use you a lot). The Manchester (I dealt with the manager on both occassions) team were a perfect example of that. Friendly,...
- Monir C. | 28.11.2013 20:25 Excellent customer service. Hope to rent again in the future and would like to thank Jack for his help.
- William T. | 15.11.2013 14:17 10 out of 10 for the whole experience, good value for money, great customer service and the whole process was so much more quick and easy than I have experienced with other rental firms in the past. Will definitely use again!
- Daniel C. | 02.10.2013 11:58 Some companies are hugely overzealous about looking for faults on returned vehicles - makes you feel like you've done something wrong when you haven't! Sixt were swift and kind when conducting their checks which made me feel more comfortable.
- Paul Albert F. | 24.09.2013 12:04 Super helpful staff made my experience I have ever had when renting a car. Really well done!
- Maria M. | 18.09.2013 12:48 We were very satisfied with the whole process. Easy and clear booking (you get the final price immediately with all insurances included), staff have been very friendly and efficient. We would highly recommend Sixt, especially the Piccadilly branch on Ducie Street, Manchester and for sure would rent a vehicle from them again.
- Edward J. | 18.09.2013 10:27 CAN NOT FAULT THE SERVICES ,I KNOW YOU HAVE LITTLE SPACE ,BUT IF I COULD LEFT MY CAR IT WOULD BEEN PERFECT ALL ROUND
- Martin A. | 07.09.2013 11:27 Your staff went much further than expected and really went the extra mile for us. Our wedding anniversary celebration was therefore even better due to Sixt' staff. Thanks. Excellent service.
- Joseph M. | 03.09.2013 12:01 Very happy with the service and prices -- keep up the good work!
- Andrew P. | 01.09.2013 14:01 Very good service. Will use Sixt again.
- Mitchell G. | 01.09.2013 12:00 I thought that the additional charges for taking the vehicle out of the UK were too high, especially given the fact that the vehicle was not supplied with any of the necessary equipment for driving in France/Spain. Having said that I was pleased that I was able to take the vehicle out of the UK, and that I was able to book it at very...
- Jan O. | 01.09.2013 11:34 I have regularly used Sixt for my car rental needs and never had a problem, excellent service. Never been pressured by upgrades or add-ons, asked yes but never pressured, I like that.
- Stephen W. | 30.08.2013 12:22 I find the staff very friendly and would recommend Sixt to others.Just a pity the 17 seater only does 62mph and not 70mph.
- Sarah R. | 29.08.2013 08:42 Easy, clean, convenient, polite, quick, excellent service
- Allicia R. | 26.08.2013 22:26 I have been hiring cars for a while now and i have never had a problem it has always been a straight forward process and i have recommended friends.
- John P. | 26.08.2013 13:31 I was lucky enough to be given a free upgrade, this was very appreciated and unexpected. Once again excellent service at this branch
- Jasmine M. | 26.08.2013 10:57 I have rented vehicles from other companies and am aware of the fairly standard procedure.I found sixt to be different. The staff were helpful and friendly, the van was spotless and in excellent condition. The pick up and return was stress free and the overall experience was a delight!I would, and have recommended sixt to family and...
- Alexey E. | 13.08.2013 18:49 The car was good, the price was better (never expected THAT of Sixt, frankly!), and I will use your services again. Thanks!
- Ana Maria C. | 10.08.2013 20:09 everything was perfect.Thanks a lot
- Michael F. | 07.08.2013 20:43 Excellent and friendly service from the branch staff - will be recommending Sixt Manchester to my friends and family
- Myles P. | 06.08.2013 09:51 Dan at the branch went out of his way to ensure that I had the car that I requested.
- Haleema B. | 03.08.2013 11:09 All the staff at this sixt are a great help and always willing to go the extra mile, especially the manager Danny
- Susan D. | 01.08.2013 10:44 I would like to thank the young man who helped us on Sunday 28/7/13 without whom we would have missed our train back to Edinburgh.We arrived at your offices in Ducie street (late, our fault) in a tropical down pour. The young man on duty courteously asked the customer he was dealing with if he could leave him and deal with us first -...
- Johannes N. | 31.07.2013 11:49 Many thanks again to Jack (the member of Staff working on both days, when I picked up and when I returned the car). Very good service.
- Emma B. | 25.07.2013 11:25 Even when i changed the booking the night before they did their best to help me. Brilliant service.
- Nathan H. | 23.07.2013 18:23 Could not of asked for a better price or service. Best rental company I have used in 10 years of driving!
- William M. | 23.07.2013 15:00 Love booking with you guys both in London and Manchester. Keep up the good work. Nice change to have great customer service, please pass on my thanks to both depots.
- Sarah G. | 21.07.2013 19:26 I have used Sixt on many occasions in Greece, and the staff have always been especially helpful, friendly and do their best to help me when I contact them at the last minute for a car. And as a pleasant surprise, I found exactly the same thing in Manchester: friendly and professional staff who behave like real people, rather than...
- Peter T. | 06.07.2013 14:15 good service, very accommodating staff on the return of the car as i was going to be late due to the closing of manchester city centre.
- Chadworth W. | 06.07.2013 12:02 I rented a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 for 10 days at an absolutely great price including LDW. I booked online and got a discount for booking early all great. I collected the car on the 01.07.13 at 12:30pm i was seen by the sales rep. Danny and i was out and driving away by 12:50pm. The sales rep was very helpful and friendly and explained...
- Colin G. | 27.06.2013 08:19 I very rarely rent a car as I have my own, however, on this occasion, I wanted something 'special' for my daughter and her friends prom night. I mentioned this when I booked online and the staff at Piccadilly, Manchester provided me with a first class vehicle fit for the job (E class Mercedes) and excellent service from collection to...
- David E. | 25.06.2013 11:37 Danny at your Piccadilly branch was friendly, energetic and really made me feel welcome! I was rather concerned before arriving that i would have been looked down upon because i'm only 21 but i was wrong! He made conversation about every day life whilst also staying professional! I will definitely rent again, in fact i've already...
- Shelley B. | 21.06.2013 19:26 Swift and efficient experience. Very well priced.
- Richard M. | 17.06.2013 07:42 Branch manager Danny was very good - nice personal service and reassurance.
- Anas Hambali A. | 15.06.2013 00:00 Vehicle rented have a perfect performance. Definitely will choose Sixt again in the future.
- Zainab A. | 06.06.2013 22:16 I have previously hired with hertz,but I preferred the customer service and quality of car from sixt,I'm very satisfied with the service I was given,thank you
- Alison P. | 06.06.2013 20:36 Very quick, efficient and no-problems service provided by your staff. What makes you stand out from other companies is your:1. Minimal fuss attitude, paperwork gets sorted quickly and in a stress-free way2. Friendly convivial service, very pleasant people to deal with3. Bank holiday opening - I didn't need it this time, but the...
- Roger J. | 03.06.2013 12:53 I chose Sixt because of your prices but I found the personnel there, especially Danny, very helpful. I would recommend Sixt to others, in fact two people have asked me about them already. Very satisfied with the service I received.
- Barry K. | 03.06.2013 11:57 Found that the service I had was very good a thank you to Danny
- James J. | 28.05.2013 18:55 Please screen your franchise operations so that you can clarifypossible insurance restrictions impeding the departure of vansfrom the UK. My rental was hamstrung initially due to theGloucester franchisee refusing my request to take their vanto the Republic of Ireland. In desperation, I drove my carto Manchester to deal with Mr....
- Chris T. | 24.05.2013 10:58 Always friendly, helpful and efficient staff at the Manchester (city centre) branch.
- Eleanor S. | 22.05.2013 07:44 Jamie Holt was great and helped all the way, the staff were very pleasant and our rental ran smoothly!Cheers Guys!
- Owen H. | 15.05.2013 07:29 Jamie was great, very helpful and made booking easy. Thank you
- David D. | 02.05.2013 00:00 Staff arranged a car at short notice and were friendly and attentive.
- Anthony F. | 25.04.2013 00:00 Really friendly and knowledgable staff who explained everything and made it very simple and straight forward. Looking forward to renting again.
- Steve P. | 21.04.2013 00:00 Super friendly. Great value. Flexible options around pickup and drop off. First class
- Waseem R. | 20.04.2013 00:00 Excellent prompt efficent service !
- Nicola B. | 19.04.2013 00:00 Very friendly, helpful and accommodating staff.
- John B. | 19.04.2013 00:00 First class service, would use again next time!
- Christopher B. | 18.04.2013 00:00 Very polite and helpfully staff. Will definitely be using sixt for any future rentals. Thank you
- Cayten P. | 14.04.2013 00:00 Couldnt of been any easier!!! First time renting a car. wont be the last.It was Quick and Simple to set up and the Staff at the Picadilly Branch in Manchesterwere fantastic. Cayten
- Peter F. | 05.04.2013 00:00 Amazing Service! great staff, speedy service will be using Sixt for all our needs!
- Michael T. | 01.04.2013 00:00 Easy to book. Good service. Nice vehicle.
- Elizabeth L. | 01.04.2013 00:00 The staff at your Mancehster Piccadilly centre are always, cheerful and helpful. I would like to commend them for good service.
- Patrick G. | 26.03.2013 00:00 Fantastic rental experience!!!Given that this was my first time renting a van with Sixt, I was a little uneasy as I hadn't driven a vehicle like this before and the conditions werent great for driving.Beth at the branch was brilliant in explaining what the best options for my rentals would be without being to pushy or aggressive with...
- Valeria F. | 23.03.2013 00:00 The staff was extremely nice, kind and gentle!
- Elsie G. | 21.03.2013 00:00 As always team at Ducie Street, were quick, polite, and always help put my suitcase into the boot. Full marks also for the new premises.
- Michelle M. | 20.03.2013 00:00 Service was good and friendly. Transit van was in good condition. Price was reasonable.
- Arron P. | 11.03.2013 00:00 Great service. Even got a slightly upgraded vehicle.Staff were friendly and helpful.Very impressed overall.
- Joseph B. | 10.03.2013 00:00 Well done Thanks, really pleased with the Mercedes upgrade, will use you again on my next trip, probably late June or early July.
- Andrew B. | 31.01.2013 00:00 Cheapest van rental for MCR as i had researched this. Most 24 hr transit van hire price is £40-45. Sixt was £29.00 this will attract more customers and myself again when required.Nice friendly staff.James the unit Manager was very good and helpfull and a credit to your company.Thank youAndrew Barry
- Paul W. | 22.01.2013 00:00 The staff were very good, so different to other hire companies we have used in the past.
- Robbie R. | 12.01.2013 00:00 Vehicle was perfect for our needs and at the best price available. I was extremely happy with the service!
- John P. | 10.01.2013 00:00 No suggestions, just a big thankyou for making the rental process easy, friendly and no nonsense!
- Matthew R. | 05.01.2013 00:00 Customer service from Peter was fantastic, friendly disposition. No issues with pick up or return and made our journey that much more pleasent. The car was in great nick. Thank youWill use sixt again as the rental prices are competative too.
- Mikail Tom B. | 28.12.2012 00:00 The best car rental experience I have ever had.
- Jamie L. | 20.12.2012 00:00 Staff at the branch / cabin were excellent, friendly, customer-focused and efficient. Nice to see!Thank you!
- Paolo S. | 20.12.2012 00:00 Great price, great van and great staff. Will definately be using again
- Geoffrey N. | 08.12.2012 00:00 Excellent service by all of your staff, rates extremely competitive, already spreading your good name and service, thank you
- Andrew T. | 06.12.2012 00:00 Staff at the office were friendly and helpful. It was a pleasure to deal with them.
- John A. | 22.11.2012 00:00 Keep up the good work, your service was great, very straightforward.
- Kevin M. | 22.11.2012 00:00 everyone was great with us as we are a disabled group, this was very important to us
- Nicole T. | 15.11.2012 00:00 Brilliant service and very helpful and friendly staff! Car was definitely good value for little money, wouldn't go anywhere else if I needed a rental car again!
- Chris S. | 08.11.2012 00:00 Hi. I was served by your employee called Peter Gray from the Piccadilly Manchester branch. . He was a really helpful and a pleasure to meet. Thanks
- Brian S. | 08.11.2012 00:00 You upgraded the van which was really helpful due to the smaller one not being available. Everyone was so friendly and could not do enough to help. I am truly impressed
- Sean F. | 05.11.2012 00:00 Great service, convenient and good value. Will definitely consider again in future.
- Michael C. | 05.11.2012 00:00 Very helpful staff, good value rental price, clean and well maintained cars. Very impressed.
- Lesley D. | 27.10.2012 00:00 I hadn't rented from Sixt before but will definitely do so again. I dealt with different staff on collection and return of the vehicle at the Manchester Piccadilly branch, and both provided excellent service with exactly the right level of friendliness and professionalism. The MPV I hired was great as well. Thanks!
- Kevin F. | 25.10.2012 00:00 Nice and friendly service.
- Steven M. | 25.10.2012 00:00 internet booking site is not totally practical via mobile phone,offers do not convert to your agents-even if they are available. The manager and assisstants handled my quandry admirably, connecting me with my choice of vehicle and my dateline. Payment was not possible over internet as there were no options offered for my debit card,...
- Andrew B. | 25.10.2012 00:00 Pleasant staff and 1st class vehicle at a competitive cost.
- Roberto M. | 18.10.2012 00:00 Friendly staff very helpful will call again highly recommended. thanks
- Stephen W. | 18.10.2012 00:00 I found the staff very informative and helpful. The vehicle was a good standard and most important it was reasonably priced
- Edward C. | 18.10.2012 00:00 :)
- Allen N. | 04.10.2012 00:00 Your's was a first class service & would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Manchester .
- Arkadiusz K. | 13.09.2012 00:00 It was really great experience renting a car from your office in downtown Manchester (Picadilly) - many thanks to David for suggesting an upgrade. It really saved my holidays!!! Many thanks for the professional service!
- Susan D. | 06.09.2012 00:00 Very helpful staff.Took me to station in pouring rain
- Harold R. | 31.08.2012 00:00 Fast friendly and very helpful staff. Eperienced no problems whatsoever, unlike my experience with other hire companies. WOULD RECCOMEND STRONGLYThank You
- Jeffrey F. | 30.08.2012 00:00 i enjoyed the simplicity of renting a car from you and was happy with the vehicle. I will definitely be renting from you again
- Paul L. | 27.08.2012 00:00 Fantastic service, very friendly, honest, and great value - everything you could want in a rental company. Well done Sixt, we will definitely look at using you again.
|Mo. - Fr.||08:00 - 19:00|
|Sa.||08:00 - 17:00|
|Su.||09:00 - 16:00|
|Bank holiday||09:00 - 16:00|
Contacts / Lost & Found
SIXT # Manchester Piccadilly MANC05
|M1 2JL Manchester|
Location plan - how to find us
From Piccadilly train station please leave the main exit/approach . Go all the way down the ramp. At the bottom of the ramp (with Cafe Nero on your right) turn right on to Ducie Street. Follow Ducie street for about 400 metres and you will find Sixt Rent A Car in the car park on the left. (Please use the main entrance next to the Cafe)
Follow the Mancunian way/A57 till the end. Take a left onto Great Ancoats street. After 1 KM turn left into Ducie Street. Follow the road for about 300 meters and you will find Sixt in the car park on the right behind the Cafe.
We are just a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly Station and 10 minutes from Piccadilly gardens MetroLink stops, From Piccadilly train station please leave the main exit/approach . Go all the way down the ramp. At the bottom of the ramp (with Cafe Nero on your right) turn right on to Ducie Street. Follow Ducie street for about 400 metres and you will find Sixt Rent A Car in the car park on the left. (Please use the main entrance next to the Cafe) From Piccadily gardens head along Piccadilly in a south-easterley direction towards the rail station, approx 500 metres. As you are approaching the station you wil near Cafe Nero on your left hand side, Please take the left turn up Ducie street and folow the roaf for approximatly 400 metres and Sixt rent a Car will be on your left next to Lindas Pantry.
From Piccadilly gardens interchange head along Piccadilly in a south-easterley direction towards the rail station, approx 500 metres. As you are approaching the station you wil near Cafe Nero on your left hand side, Please take the left turn up Ducie street and folow the road for approximatly 400 metres and Sixt rent a Car will be on your left next to Lindas Pantry.
Categories and services at this location
- Cars & vehicles
- Sports cars & convertibles
- 4x4 / SUV
- Choose vehicle using iPhone for pick up