Edinburgh Car Rental
Travel Information from Sixt rent a car at Edinburgh
Edinburgh city, the capital of Scotland is set in an idyllic world heritage site, offering oodles of historical sites dating back from the bronze age. With a population of almost 500,000 Edinburgh isthe second largest city in Scotland and a top UK tourist hotspot with 1 million overseas visitors attending the Fringe independent performing arts and comedy festival in August alone, making the city well known as the European cultural hub for performing arts venues.
The city is also infamous for its authors including Sir Arthur Conan Doyle- The author of Sherlock Holmes, Louis Stevenson,creator of treasure island and the strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and in more recent years JK Rowling, the author of Harry Potter, wrote her first book in an Edinburgh coffee shop.
The city is divided into two parts known as new town and old town. Old Town has preserved much of its medieval buildings including Edinburgh Castle which holds the annual Edinburgh Military Tattoo with massed pipers and fireworks during the festival season. There are many places of interest including St. Gile's Cathedral and the Royal Museum of Scotland, during the 16th centuryold town saw a tendency of 'high rise style stone buildings' which give Edinburgh a unique skyline. During the industrial revolution many underground vaults were inhabited by immigrants, today you cantake tours to see the underground city.
New Town built in the 18th Century holds a very Georgian feel, which was created by James Craig, a 22 year old who won a competition to design expansion of the city. New town holds many interesting sights including the National Gallery of Scotland, and the Scottish Academy building.
Top Five Things to do in Edinburgh:
1. Visit Edinburgh Castle
2. Walk up Arthurs seat (the tallest hill in Edinburgh with the nicest view)
3. If you are visiting in August, see a few performances at the Fringe Festival
4. Take a guided tour of the underground vaults in old town
5. Enjoy the traditional local delicacies Shortbread and Haggis
Welcome to Sixt Car Rental at Edinburgh
|Address:||26 Dunedin Street|
|EH7 4JG Edinburgh GB +44-844-5760544|
|GDS - Code:||EDIC03|
|Mo. - Fr.||08:00 - 19:00|
|Sa.||08:00 - 17:00|
|Su.||12:00 - 17:00|
|Bank holiday||09:00 - 16:00|
Customer Reviews About Sixt
- Stuart H. | 07.12.2013 10:59 Very competent and professional branch staff, a credit to sixt.
- Douglas B. | 21.11.2013 15:24 Overall, I was very satisfied with the hire experience and the vehicle was excellent.
- Elizabeth S. | 19.11.2013 11:04 Kim and David at the abbeyhill branchfantastic service
- Alistair C. | 14.11.2013 18:52 Good value for money,easy booking, decent van and good service.
- Caroline W. | 12.11.2013 18:55 extremely helpful staff, clean vehicle. overall a good experience
- Claire G. | 05.11.2013 00:51 The agent who looked after me was very helpful, and patient with my enquiries.
- John M. | 29.10.2013 11:54 The staff were great. Very friendly and efficient. Vehicle was fab!Thank you.
- Norman M. | 15.10.2013 13:09 I was also impressed with the efficiency staff showed when dealing with all legalities
- John S. | 13.10.2013 11:01 very fast and efficient on day of pick up and also on return.I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO RENT AGAIN FROM SIXT AT ABBEYHILL EDINBURGH.
- Scott C. | 09.10.2013 10:21 Overall a pleasant experienceand extremely good value
- Pawel K. | 06.10.2013 21:21 Very nice staff, good cars. Super Super Super.
- James C. | 06.10.2013 17:20 The process was swift and efficient, the van likewise: just what one hopes for.
- Tim C. | 06.10.2013 09:57 Very easy all-round. Staff were helpful and friendly. Rented vehicle was clean, tidy and was ready for me to pick up. A good service!
- Richard G. | 03.10.2013 11:20 Absolutely outstanding service from Sixt Edinburgh, especially Jennifer Kelso. The Merc van was as new and a pleasure to drive. When my load North of London proved too long for the van, Ms Kelso arranged a swap with Sixt Wembley. The yard at Wembley was less impressive but , hey, they are in Wembley!
- Kamarul J. | 01.10.2013 12:03 Keep on the good services.
- Edward M. | 23.09.2013 11:49 Excellent staff, Friendly and helpful.TaEdd
- Orkun C. | 21.09.2013 10:12 It was great. Great staff, great attitude, great help. No time waste.
- Gary H. | 20.09.2013 19:20 Excellent branch opening hours and a fair rental price also helped.
- Jacob L. | 18.09.2013 08:37 Staff were very friendly and knowledgable.
- David C. | 12.09.2013 07:40 Very friendly staff at the office.
- Malcolm H. | 11.09.2013 13:15 excellent service from the staff I will be using again soon
- Calum M. | 11.09.2013 10:02 Really friendly and helpful service, i've hired a few times now from Edinburgh and will continue to do so. Prices are very competitive.
- Graham W. | 04.09.2013 10:28 The Manager was very helpful when I collected the van
- Brian M. | 03.09.2013 23:39 Staff Very helpful
- Richard C. | 02.09.2013 09:58 Good value, helpful, friendly service from staff, and no issues with the van. I was very happy with this , Thanks
- Stephen J. | 30.08.2013 15:39 I could have ticked more boxes as your service and employees certainly ticked all the boxes for me.
- Kim K. | 28.08.2013 12:02 We knew how much we were paying, we booked online at the last minute. I had never driven a transit van before and was very reassured by patient, helpful staff. The expectations were clear regarding fuel return, mileage etc. I felt like a valued customer, not just someone on a conveyor belt. The price was good and I am sure I will...
- Karen W. | 27.08.2013 17:44 Local, handy, good price and good van. A satisfied customer,Thank you
- Ian F. | 27.08.2013 09:01 Jennie was extremely pleasant and efficient.
- Gary S. | 25.08.2013 01:20 Great overall rental experience. Good value, good vehicles and friendly staff. Will be first choice for future rentals.
- Michal Dominik M. | 12.08.2013 13:26 I will come back :)
- Callum G. | 07.08.2013 08:01 Very happy, vehicle was exactly what was needed and the staff were very friendly.Straight forward from the moment i made the booking to the moment I returned.Would recommend to anyone needing vehicle hire
- Robin M. | 05.08.2013 22:02 I arrived to the branch and the staff were very friendly and efficient. They explained everything to me thoroughly and my experience was a positive one.
- Andrew L. | 01.08.2013 15:19 The staff at The Edinburgh Branch were fantastic to deal with!!!Helpful, friendly and efficient; a credit to your company.
- Scott G. | 28.07.2013 14:05 I was very pleased with the rental service and the vehile in general
- Gordon S. | 26.07.2013 12:26 All car rental companies are pretty much the same, it is the staff that makes the difference. Your staff was very helpful and that made us very happy.
- Alan M. | 23.07.2013 13:42 I was very pleased with all aspects of the Service received from SIXT andd I also thought that the service from the Edinburgh, Abeyhill Branch was very good, staff when booking out and returnig the vehicle were very efficient and friendly and I would recommend SIXT to others and I will definately use your conpany again.
- James H. | 23.07.2013 11:02 very good!
- George G. | 22.07.2013 15:18 Everything was clear and efficient: payment, explanation, pickup, dropoff. Thanks.
- Helen S. | 19.07.2013 07:16 The cheapest service around Edinburgh that I could find, but also a very friendly and efficient service, the team made renting the van simple and the van was new and clean. Overall excellent service.
- Daniel B. | 19.07.2013 00:04 Everything was perfect, easy to book as well.
- Ian D. | 17.07.2013 10:31 Sixt prices are very reasonable so was main reason for renting along with location. The service was first class, from the confirmation phone call to collecting the van and dropping off again - very friendly and professional. Van itself wss clean and well maintained. All in very good.
- Cain P. | 15.07.2013 04:41 Staff were very friendly and helpful. The van we hired was the latest model and therefore drove faultlessly. Overall our experience with SIXT was great and we would recommend them to friends and acquaintances. Thanks!
- William V. | 14.07.2013 17:07 The staff was delightful and helpful. The car was perfect for us.
- Peter B. | 12.07.2013 22:30 Efficient and at a good price and a very good vehicle
- Grzegorz W. | 10.07.2013 11:50 Abbeyhill Edinburgh employees are very nice and helpful. The answers to every question asked. Thanks again.
- Ian W. | 03.07.2013 13:23 We had used Sixt before and were very happy with all aspects of the rental. We will use it again and recommend it to friends.
- Richard C. | 28.06.2013 17:22 Very straight forward process - not treated like a potential van thief!!
- David F. | 27.06.2013 13:18 I felt, David in Head Office was superb when answering my initial enquiry. He coordinated with Jenny from the branch. Service was simple, friendly and very efficient. Upon arrival at the branch I was met by two lovely girls. Amanda and Kim. They were helpful, friendly and thorough yet quick which was perfect. A very enjoyable...
- Stuart M. | 22.06.2013 09:47 The vans were almost brand new which is unusual for a short term rental fleet.
- Andrew G. | 19.06.2013 21:20 Everything was organised smoothly with no problems. Quick and efficient.
- George A. | 11.06.2013 10:58 i was offered a more suitable rental for what i needed thanks to the staff listening to me.
- Ann H. | 09.06.2013 07:45 Very good service, vehicle comfortable, clean, all round good experience.
- Susan M. | 08.06.2013 18:09 The rental was very good value and while I opted for some extras, none of these were "hidden" as I have found with some other rental companies. The staff at my local branch were both friendly and efficient, and the van I hired was in excellent condition. I was also pleased to find a local branch of your company in the city, within...
- Linda S. | 06.06.2013 09:17 Staff were very helpful and friendly. Rental price was very reasonable.
- Graeme S. | 24.05.2013 10:39 Everything was fantastic from booking collecting to drop off. Call the day before was a nice touch too. Staff in Edinburgh fantastic. See you again!!!
- David S. | 23.05.2013 15:36 Excellent, fast and friendly service from your Edinburgh pick-up and drop-off staff. The car was clean ad in excellent condition!
- Richard H. | 22.05.2013 11:34 The service I received was wonderful. I had originally arranged a booking through Arnold Clark who were terrible and Sixt really saved the day for me.The service was simple to use, fast and professional. The van was good spec, well maintained and cheap to run. The service at the centre was quick, efficient and polite. The courtesy...
- Leslie M. | 10.05.2013 13:50 Great service and welcome courtesy call day before rental
- Paul B. | 07.05.2013 21:04 Great friendly service.
- Peter R. | 03.05.2013 00:00 Good staff, website and vehicle.
- Frances M. | 20.04.2013 00:00 Excellent car and friendly staff.
- Calum M. | 17.04.2013 00:00 Very friendly and helpful service upon collection, and the same again on drop off. Will use Sixt again.
- Paul D. | 15.04.2013 00:00 very pleased with the service received from the hire centre I hired the van from and the 2 female assistants that dealt with me on pick up & drop off of the van where very friendly,polite & helpful
- Brian M. | 07.04.2013 00:00 Rental was totally trouble free and vehicle exactly as expected
- John W. | 06.04.2013 00:00 Very Professional and Customer service a 10.
- Roderick M. | 06.04.2013 00:00 the girl on pick up and return was very helpful and pleasant.also i appreciated the advance call prior to pick up.thank you
- Trevor D. | 06.04.2013 00:00 Good online booking service and e-mail confirmation. Clean, tidy van. Did the job and comfortable to drive.
- Andrew L. | 02.04.2013 00:00 Great service and well prepared mini bus
- Michael G. | 24.03.2013 00:00 Very good prices. Excellent availability. Excellent service.
- Steven B. | 20.03.2013 00:00 Excellent prompt friendly service.
- Alison B. | 17.03.2013 00:00 Jenny was absolutely brilliant and understanding with the issue I had getting the Minibus back due to the bad weather. Also had left a jacket in the van which was returned.Excellent service and definitely use Sixt again. Quality and service first class!
- Joan P. | 11.03.2013 00:00 Your weekend opening hours are great and your staff were very friendly
- Ian D. | 10.03.2013 00:00 Very impressed by easy online booking, good value and friendly staff in branch. Thanks.
- Derek H. | 07.03.2013 00:00 Excellent service! From the online elements to the face to face, customer service was first class. Also, the quality of the vehicle exceeded expectations.
- Scott Z. | 05.03.2013 00:00 Great vehicle & great customer service
- Paul L. | 04.03.2013 00:00 I frequently hire vehicles, I haven't used Sixt for a while, but the service was excellent and the member of staff was friendly and efficient. I would not hesitate to recommend Sixt.
- Lucille B. | 03.03.2013 00:00 No problems with the hire. Thank You
- Dimitrios T. | 28.02.2013 00:00 Seller provided useful and accurate on-site advice.
- Michael S. | 27.02.2013 00:00 The staff at your Abbeyhill branch are very polite and professional and I will definately be booking again.
- Lawrence R. | 27.02.2013 00:00 I found Sixt as a last minute try using the internet on the train on my way to Edinburgh. You were able to take my booking and enable me to get to your office by 5.00pm. Europcar close at 4.30 pm and you can't book on line within two days of the hire. As long as your price is in line with the others I will now tend to use you if I come...
- Hannah O. | 25.02.2013 00:00 The staff at Sixt were absolutely delightful, and went above and beyond my expectations of customer service, helping out in any way possible at every interaction I had before, during and after my rental. I shall definitely be using Sixt again.
- Colin M. | 24.02.2013 00:00 Good service
- David U. | 24.02.2013 00:00 Overall the car and service was good, the price which is posssibly the most important factor was also very reasonable.On the Friday our train was substantially delayed and upon calling the Edinburgh office they were very helpful.The service representative was also very helpful. I forget her name, but she was the blond lady and she gave...
- Stephen P. | 20.02.2013 00:00 Your staff were excellent.
- Mohan H. | 19.02.2013 00:00 Great service. Thank you
- Kai H. | 17.02.2013 00:00 Best car rental ever
- Nicholas T. | 14.02.2013 00:00 Very impressed with sixt.24 hour call is a great idea. Very little hassle picking up the van. Would def recommend.
- Craig S. | 14.02.2013 00:00 Excellent service and speedy collection and drop off.
- Gillian C. | 08.02.2013 00:00 Very friendly staff! Was my first time renting a car ever and I had a great experience! Many thanks!
- Linsay T. | 31.01.2013 00:00 Excellent customer service from start to finish - highly recommend the Abbeyhill depot!
- Steven B. | 20.01.2013 00:00 Van was excellent quality. The woman in reception was professional, courteous and efficient. I thought it was value for money too.
- Bryan T. | 17.01.2013 00:00 The staff were very courteous and friendly, the vehicle clean and my overall experience was very good. Will hire from the Edinburgh office next time it is required.Thanks for making the customer feel welcome.Regards
- Krzysztof N. | 17.01.2013 00:00 keep it up!
- Philip S. | 17.01.2013 00:00 None spring to mind -- staff and vehicle were first-class. Would definitely use Sixt again.
- Elizabeth H. | 17.01.2013 00:00 the booking system was fairly straight forward, but the staff in the collection depot were really lovely and helpful and very good ambassadors for the company. i would definately recommend Sixt to others as the vehicle was immaculate and the customer services was excellent.
- Derek M. | 03.01.2013 00:00 The staff at the Edinburgh city office were really helpful and efficient
- Stephen O. | 28.12.2012 00:00 Staff in the branch were exceptional. Helpful, very friendly and professional. Van was almost brand new and perfect for the job. Also very good value.
- Kenneth S. | 28.12.2012 00:00 I'd just like to say thanks. Your overnight rental was more competitive than anyone else I tried. The vehicle was new and the pick-up and drop off process was straight forward.
- Neal M. | 22.12.2012 00:00 Excellent, professional service with high quality vehicle.
|Mo. - Fr.||08:00 - 19:00|
|Sa.||08:00 - 17:00|
|Su.||12:00 - 17:00|
|Bank holiday||09:00 - 16:00|
Contacts / Lost & Found
SIXT # Edinburgh EDIC03
|26 Dunedin Street|
|EH7 4JG Edinburgh|
Location plan - how to find us
Walk 1 minute to Waverly bridge bus stop (WB) and get onto the bus 36, this would roughly be for 23 minutes (15 stops). Get off the bus at Broughton, after Beaverbank place on Broughton road, thereafter head northeast on Broughton Rd/ B900 and turn left into Dunedin St, slight right to stay on Dunedin St and The Sixt branch will be on the left.
Follow the A199 through to the A902 and turn left into Newhaven Rd. go straight until you hit B900 Broughton Rd and turn right, straight on then right into Beaverhall Rd and then left into Dunedin St and the Sixt branch will be on the right hand side half way up the road.
Follow the A902 into Edinburgh until it becomes Ferry Road (A902). Then turn left into Newhaven Rd. go straight until you hit B900 Broughton Rd and turn right, straight on then right into Beaverhall Rd and then left into Dunedin St and the Sixt branch will be on the right hand side half way up the road.
Walk to Broughton, bus stop (YK) Forth Street on Broughton Street and get the bus number 8 going towards West Pilton, before Granton Mill Crescent on Granton Road. Get off at Broughton Road NW-bound Mansfield Place. Walk straight on until you hit Broughton Rd and turn right then walk down but stay on the left then turn left into Dunedin St then bare Right and the Sixt branch will be on the left.
Categories and services at this location
- Cars & vehicles