Colchester Car Rental Deals
Sixt Car Rental in Colchester
If you're looking to rent a car in Colchester, then why not take a look at the choices on offer with Sixt? Whether you're looking for a family friendly vehicle, or you're going on a solo road trip, you're sure to find something to suit your needs. All of the vehicles in our fleet are replaced every six months, which means that our customers can be certain that they are hiring a car that is reliable and top of the range. With our office located right next to the train station, finding a car rental in Colchester couldn't be easier. Whether you're looking to hire an SUV, convertible, smart car or sedan, you can rely on Sixt to help you along on your journey in the United Kingdom.
An Ancient Town
The ancient town of Colchester claims to be the oldest recorded town in the United Kingdom, with archeological evidence dating back 3000 years. The town once served as the capital of Roman Britain until it was ransacked by the infamous Boudican revolt of AD 60. For those interested in history, rent a car in Colchester and visit Gosbecks Archaeological Park. One of the most significant Roman and Iron Age sites in the country, it's just a short drive outside of Colchester, and set amongst some beautiful scenery. Also of historical and cultural significance is the Cressing Temple Barns. Built by the mysterious Knights Templar in the 13th Century, it's a vast, ancient, medieval farmstead with an array of rural barns and two huge oak barns. It's just a short drive along the A12 with a car rental from Colchester, and a great family day out. Colchester also boasts a host of art galleries and exhibitions, such as the Cuckoo Farm Studios, firstsite, arts exchange and art centre as well as the Slack Space community arts project, which has turned empty shops into exhibition and studio space for local artists. The town also boasts three theatres, and a local history museum, and the Hollytrees Museum, which features three centuries of toys, costumes and art, all in a beautiful Georgian town house. Choose Sixt car rental in Colchester and find your time is so much better spent.
Cheap Car Rental Locations in Colchester
26 Magdalen Street
CO1 2LD Colchester
Mo. - Fr. 08:15 - 17:30 Sa. 08:00 - 13:00
24 h return
ColchesterColchester is a large town in Essex in the East of England, and is believed to be the oldest recorded town in Britain based on its mention in Pliny the Elder written in AD77.Following the Roman conquest of Britain Colchester, then known as Camulodunon, was the first capital Britain.Amongst the remaining historic buildings in Colchester ...
Customer Reviews About Sixt
- Adrian G. | 17.05.2012 00:00 Very helpful staff and a good price. Thank you.
- David G. | 08.09.2010 00:00 Very happy with the van and the service provided...thanks!!
- Matthew T. | 28.01.2010 00:00 GD robertson your agent were extremely friendly and professional i have not hired a car from you before but will certainly consider you in the future
- Nigel A. | 21.01.2010 00:00 Had to wait for 30 mins whilst van was prepped and cleaned.
- Frederique F. | 30.07.2009 00:00 I was not aware a £500 deposit was required for a rental, I wish this would have been mentioned before.
- Clive K. | 02.04.2009 00:00 We were very satisfied will be using you again in two weeks when we move
- Peter G. | 05.03.2009 00:00 Keep up the good work and great prices.