Car Rental in Malta
Why rent with Sixt?
- 4,000+ rental locations worldwide
- Affordable car rentals in Malta
- Car Hire in Malta and worldwide
- Long term rentals available
- 180,000+ vehicles in our fleet
- 50,000+ premium rental vehicles
- 5th largest global car rental company
Car Rental Regions
Sixt Car Rental in Malta
A rental car allows you to see a foreign country at your leisure. Relying on buses or trains to get you to your destinations will never allow you the freedom to take side trips if you feel like it or to change your plans if something comes up along the way.
Rules and Tips for Driving in Malta
When you rent a car in Malta there are a few rules that will help you avoid legal problems and have a safe journey:
- Wear a seat belt and ensure that all your passengers do the same.
- Maltese law also requires that children under three or shorter than five feet be seated in proper child restraints.
- The speed limits in Malta range from 30 mph in the city to 50 mph outside the city.
- Traffic in Malta moves on the left-hand side.
Enjoying Your Maltese Vacation with Sixt Rent a Car
Located in the Mediterranean Sea, Malta is a small southern European country that is full of attractions and interesting places to visit. From Luqa Airport, take a short 15-minute drive to Valletta, the capital of Malta, to explore magnificent temples, underground catacombs, churches, and forts. While there, don't miss out on the many exhibitions, concerts, and street events that take place regularly in Valletta. Malta is also home to charming villages and open-air markets, such as the fishing village of Marsaxlokk or the It-Tokk market in Victoria, Gozo. When you rent a car with Sixt, all of Malta's destinations will be literally in the palm of your hand.