Car Rental in Dominican Republic
Choose Sixt car rental in the Dominican Republic
The Punta Cana village and Punta Cana airport locations allow patrons to fly and drive without any hassles. Sixt will make sure any procedures, such as adding additional drivers or acquiring LDW insurance, are handled efficiently and to the customer's satisfaction. Unlimited mileage, a sat nav system, or booster seats can be added upon request. Sixt offers car rentals in excellent condition. The Dominican Republic has lots of places to explore and a car rental will help you to see all the best sites.
Driving in the Dominican Republic
It's always smart to exercise defensive driving while traveling and it's no different in the Dominican Republic. There are some things everyone should make note of:
- The law requires that drivers be between the ages of 25 and 80 in order to rent a car.
- Sightseers should have full tanks of gasoline before heading out because in the Dominican Republic, gas stations can be few and far between in rural areas.
- Speed limits range from 28 mph in the city limits to 48 mph in less populated areas in the Dominikan Republic
- Drivers must wear seat belts.
- There are no laws about child car seats.
Attractions to see with a rent a car in the Dominican Republic
You will have plenty of amazing places to visit with your car rental in the Dominican Republic. Visitors won't want to miss the Kaiceitos Circus School in Cabarete. The Dominican Republic stakes its claim to the largest historic park in the entire Caribbean, the Tainopark. Don't miss the gorgeous church in Santo Domingo called the Catedral Primada de America. Finally, guests can treat themselves to a horseback ride at Rancho Paraiso in Cabrera. With a nice rental car, you will be able to explore all the beautiful attractions at your own pace.